1.    #1  
    Hello to one and all!!!!!!

I got an unlocked Palm Treo 750 on Wednesday and am on the Meteor network

Im completely new at these kind of phones so please forgive the silliness of these questions but they are just nagging at me!!

1. Internet: im kinda confused by this. Can I hook up to wireless internet in my house like i can pick it up from my laptop??(search for the signal and enter the password) or in college where its an unsecure network. i dont really understand the actual connection method..do i have to go through my phone network provider (in this case its meteor)? if anyone has an method for doing this please let me know!!!!!!!!

2. Memory: i put a 2gb mini sd card in and switched my camera to store the pics once taken onto the memory card but when i go to take a picture it says There is not enough storage available.Please delete files or save to a different location. is there anyway that i can route all of my documents etc to the memory card as not to take up space the phone itself? Like if i go into my pictures or my videos that whats stored on the card would come up because at the moment i have pictures and stuff from my old phone that i transferred onto the memory card but there is no 'order' to the card itself (no folders saying images etc). and have to go into the storage card section to view them. is there away to do that through windows mobile or syncing because that isnt working on my comp...says that DEP is preventing the software from being installed. again only having used 83mbs of the 2gb card i was told that it was full and to delete files..

thank you all!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinak View Post
    1. Internet: im kinda confused by this. Can I hook up to wireless internet in my house like i can pick it up from my laptop??(search for the signal and enter the password) or in college where its an unsecure network. i dont really understand the actual connection method..do i have to go through my phone network provider (in this case its meteor)? if anyone has an method for doing this please let me know!!!!!!!!
    The Treo 750 does not have WiFi built in, so no - you can't connect via the wireless network in your houser or in college. You will have to go through your phone provider to connect via whatever method they use (I don't know anything about meteor, sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by tinak View Post
    2. Memory: i put a 2gb mini sd card in and switched my camera to store the pics once taken onto the memory card but when i go to take a picture it says There is not enough storage available.Please delete files or save to a different location. is there anyway that i can route all of my documents etc to the memory card as not to take up space the phone itself? Like if i go into my pictures or my videos that whats stored on the card would come up because at the moment i have pictures and stuff from my old phone that i transferred onto the memory card but there is no 'order' to the card itself (no folders saying images etc). and have to go into the storage card section to view them. is there away to do that through windows mobile or syncing because that isnt working on my comp...says that DEP is preventing the software from being installed. again only having used 83mbs of the 2gb card i was told that it was full and to delete files..
    The first thing I would try to do is connect your phone to your computer than use WMDC to browse your phone (it treats it as a external hard drive almost) and move all pics and videos to your storage card (it will be in the folder DCIM on your card), then try again. It may be that it has to have some amount of free space, albeit small before it copies it to the card. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Also, make sure to format your card with FAT32. This can sometimes cause issues if not done.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
  4.    #4  
    OH i see!!so buying a wifi sd card is my best bet...

tried syncing phone with laptop but the windows mobile cd wont load onto comp because of dep restrictions apparently

not my week huh!!!!!
    Last edited by tinak; 03/03/2008 at 01:48 PM.