Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I am having a problem maintaining a steady internet connection when I am connected to pdanet using bluetooth through activsync. I have read pdanet's troubleshooting section and have disabled any programs on my phone that automatically update. I don't seem to have this problem when connected via usb. Now my 700wx does stay connected to activsync via bluetooth it's just that I keep dropping my internet connection through pdanet. Also pdanet does recommend using a cable because of the instability of bluetooth which I will do but I would still like to know if others are having or have had this problem and if their are ways to fix it that I'm missing.
    P.S. I have searched for this topic on here but haven't seen anything that directly adresses it.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Just something I wanted to also mention is that the connection now seems to be find EXCEPT for when I am downloading music through Ruckus which is kind of like Yahoo music. I am wondering if the bluetooth connection can't handle this amount of information or something. It's seems strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerajan View Post
    Just something I wanted to also mention is that the connection now seems to be find EXCEPT for when I am downloading music through Ruckus which is kind of like Yahoo music. I am wondering if the bluetooth connection can't handle this amount of information or something. It's seems strange.
    I have done extensive testing with this. Hard-reset phone with no other apps, tried PDANET with BT and phones locks with heavy data. Hard reset again, tried the hacked BT DUN, while heavy throughput, phone locks solid. Hard reset, then tried USB MODEM with Bluetooth dun, phone locks solid with heavy throughput. Tried 3 computers, 3 Bluetooth adapters. I think my testing was pretty conclusive.

Using sync cable, I can run for hours doing whatever. It's the treo Bluetooth, it's crapola for data.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Wow, I would not have had the patience to do that amount of testing but I think your conclusion is definitely right. I also tried downloading music through Yahoo and lost my connection. I had no problem doing real basic web browsing for the most part but the cable is much faster and more reliable. Thanks for adding in the info about using Bluetooth Dun because I was wondering if that was any better but I see it's not. Your post was very helpful. Thank you.