Ok here is the problem...the palm itself starts up...but when i press and hold the red phone button to turn the phone radio on...or even when i go to the wireless manager and click on...it acts like its turning on but when i get back to the today screen it is still off...id like to know if anyone else has had this problem....and if anyone knows how to fix it...

*NOTE* this is a 700WX for sprint

WT
    Last edited by wt01; 03/01/2008 at 01:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Have you tried a soft or hard reset?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    Have you tried a soft or hard reset?
    ive done both...and neither do anything to fix the problem...

WT
    im guessing nobody has any idea on how to maybe fix this problem...

WT
    I saw this happen on my phone once and thought it was weird. I thought I may have accidently turned off the phone when it was in my pocket, but it seemed to have never want to turn on. I did soft reset and it was fine. Unfortunately, this is a replacement 700wx from Sprint, which maybe a refurbished model. I'm just living with it, since my contract ends soon and I'm planning to upgrade to the 800wx when it soon comes.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    i had this problem with mine if your batter is low it wont come untill its above 5% try to make a phone call even tho the radio is off it will tell you if you would like to turn the radio on press yes. Let me know if that helps.
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by wt01 View Post
    ive done both...and neither do anything to fix the problem...

WT
    If you have hard reset it like you said,,,,,,,,, and the radio still wont turn on then its a hardware problem which means its time for warranty repair or an insurance claim. This is assuming you performed the hard rest correctly. I use to occasionally have this problem on my 750 but a soft reset always fixed it.
    I have a 700p with Verizon with the same issue. It got dropped and now the phone (wireless) piece will never turn on... i get the same thing... when you hold down the button it will splash the screen Welcome! and then normally it would come on but it will just stay with the circle and line through the antenna icon. Very odd. I have hard reset too so i figure it must have broken the antenna or something inside.
    For me, just take out the battery for a while... maybe 1/2 day, then plug it back in and try again. I had this problem when I hard reset the unit
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d