1.    #1  
    I recently bought a Treo 700wx off eBay which ended up being a mistake because of course, the ESN is bad. Essentially, the lady kicks her boyfriend out, and he leaves behind the Treo that she bought him. Problem is, treo was on HIS account, and he's not willing to sign the phone over because of some ego issue he's got.

So basically I'm in need of a Sprint 700wx phone module or entire motherboard. I know some of you have busted Treos laying around, and just maybe you have a busted 700

If you have one, shoot me a price! I definitely need it!

EDIT: Sorry mods, I didn't see the marketplace section. If you could, can you please move this?
    Last edited by digitaloutsider; 02/28/2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: wrong place
    PDA/Smartphone history:
    Apple Newton MessagePad 130, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor Prism, Kyocera 6035, numerous Treo 650s, Palm Treo 700wx, HTC Titan (PPC6800), back to Treo 700wx
    did she advertise that the ESN was bad? I would file a dispute with payapl and return it.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  3.    #3  
    She's willing to refund my money, but I do want the phone and I'll never be able to find another one as cheap as I did this one. I can't buy a parts treo 600 for what I paid for this 700.
    PDA/Smartphone history:
    Apple Newton MessagePad 130, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor Prism, Kyocera 6035, numerous Treo 650s, Palm Treo 700wx, HTC Titan (PPC6800), back to Treo 700wx
  4.    #4  
    No one?
    Last edited by digitaloutsider; 02/29/2008 at 10:45 PM.
    PDA/Smartphone history:
    I would figure buying a motherboard/CDMA module requires buying another phone. The only way I would think people would give you their phone is if it was water damaged, but then again, it probably wouldn't help you anyway. So why not just return this one and buy one does allow you to activate it? Basically, you bought a phone you can't use, that was cheap. Might as well ask someone for a water damaged phone. It's also a phone you can't use.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Renew Electronics sells motherboards for these phones. I just bought one myself to fix the dreaded broken headphone connector. It's a bit pricey though.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I would figure buying a motherboard/CDMA module requires buying another phone. The only way I would think people would give you their phone is if it was water damaged, but then again, it probably wouldn't help you anyway. So why not just return this one and buy one does allow you to activate it? Basically, you bought a phone you can't use, that was cheap. Might as well ask someone for a water damaged phone. It's also a phone you can't use.
    I explained this earlier. I can't find another 700wx as cheap as this one, and its still cheaper to attempt to source parts for one than buy one outright. And honestly, I'd take a water damaged phone because there's a mighty good chance the radio module itself isn't damaged. anyhow, I see mobos pop up on ebay every so often, so a lot of people do part out their phones.

And dabolik12 thanks. I checked out that site and unfortunately their mobos don't come with the radio module, and the radio module they DO sell for my phone is out of stock! Boo!
    PDA/Smartphone history: