1.    #1  
    What is the largest capacity SD card that works on the 700wx without drivers, cabs, dll's, or the disappearing issue??

Brand and size please.

Thanks.
    -Boris
    4Gb is the largest so far for SD (non SDHC).
  3.    #3  
    Do you know the brand and model of the 4gb that works.

Thanks.
    Boris
    Do you need drivers, etc. for a 16gb SDHC?
    there are generic WM5 drivers for sdhc and i've gotten my 16gb transcend card to work. problem is that the driver allows you to either read only sdhc cards. to use regular SD cards again you have to uninstall it...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    would that be the same for Palm OS, in your opinion?
  7.    #7  
    Kenundrum,

The generic driver you are refering to is the sdhc.cab? While it did work w/ my 4gb sdhc Sandisk card, the card disappeared after 15 min of non-use. Tried all sorts of work arounds, but no luck.

What Transcend card are you using? What driver?

Thanks.
    Boris
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaushansky View Post
    Do you know the brand and model of the 4gb that works.

Thanks.
    Boris
    I use PNY. I had it for several months without any problems, but I recently had trouble accessing files from it before, but after copying most of the data from it and reformatting it back, it's like new again.
    I know you said without any cab files, but I've been using a 4 GB AData SDHC for a couple months and it works great on my 700w. I have over 3 GB of Excel and mp3 files on it that I use daily. I only had to run sdhc.cab once at the beginning. I also change back and forth to a 2 GB SD without any problems.
  10.    #10  
    treo dOOd,
    You've never had any disapearing card issues?? I've tried the sdhc.cab file with a Sandisk 4gb sdhc card. Works until the Treo goes into "sleep" mode then the card doesn't show up any more until I soft reset.

-Boris
    treo dOOd,
    You've never had any disapearing card issues?? I've tried the sdhc.cab file with a Sandisk 4gb sdhc card. Works until the Treo goes into "sleep" mode then the card doesn't show up any more until I soft reset.

-Boris
    I already answered this for you once.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=152257&page=5
    treo dOOd,

-Boris
    Nope. Never.
    i have a sandisk 4gb ultraII sdhc and several
    different size and brand regular cards and don't have any probs at all.
    i can switch back and forth anytime with no probs
    Well I use a Sandisk 4gb SDHC Ultra II, which works but every few days (maybe once a week) it would disappear and i'd have to soft reset for it to appear.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    4 gigs.
    Mine is SanDisk 4GB SDHC, work fine. Especially when u tweak ur treo to have the transfer speed 128 or 256 (using memmaid) but im sure there is a reg hack to do that.
    You will also need the SDHC drivers ofcourse
  16.    #16  
    Alright, I'm stumped. The 4gb Sandisk sdhc card now isn't visible with the card reader it came with on my laptop, but is visible on my desktop. Weird.

Possible that the card is non functional is some way?? But why would it be viewable on one pc and not the other?????

BTW, ran all possible variations of the drivers listed in this thread. Non of them worked to keep the card alive. The only apps I have running are TodayAgenda, Hidelogo, SMS, and Email through Activesync (work). Nothing else is running.

-Boris
    why does no one ever post the cab download file itself?