Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Is is me or does this look like a Palm 800w with a different skin...I mean the keyboard buttons look suspiciously the same as well as the upper hard buttons....isn't Asus the ODM of the Centro?
    nah, Palm wouldn't be that bland with the buttons
    • Asus is the ODM of the Treo 500
    • Inventec is the OEM of the Centro
    • No evidence that Asus is making the 800w
    • Palm is leveraging ODMs for non-traditional markets
    • Palm continues to design in-house their top-tier phones e.g. Treo

This Asus phone is only Euro GSM compliant, so no threat to US Treo base and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ release date nor carrier agreements to distribute, so while it looks nice, no telling if and when you'd be able to get one--but it won't be here anytime soon.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Yikes, that's even uglier than the leaked photos of the 800W!
    The navigation section looks eh, but the rest of the phone is quite Treo-like, IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    will there also be an 800p?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    So do I understand this correctly? Sprint and/or Verizon will have it FIRST here in the U.S., but Europe will have a GSM version BEFORE us, like they had the Treo 750v for Vodafone??? Is that a true statement??
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Some good news for people who are waiting for the 800w is that the Samsung i780 is out, and people are starting to hack it, for example implementing the RealVGA hack for the 320x320 screen, allowing it to act like a 320x320 screen instead of a 240x240 screen which is the current default. In short, 320x320 software should be out and tested in the market by the time the next WM 320x320 Treo is released.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    So do I understand this correctly? Sprint and/or Verizon will have it FIRST here in the U.S., but Europe will have a GSM version BEFORE us, like they had the Treo 750v for Vodafone??? Is that a true statement??
    News to me...where did you get that assumption?
  8.    #68  
    I can't believe we haven't had a true leaked picture yet. Especially if it truly is coming out this June.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    News to me...where did you get that assumption?
    I was asking a question, not making a statement. My question is two-pronged:

One, is it true that Verizon and/or Sprint will get the Treo 800 BEFORE AT&T???

And two, if the above is true, will European providers get the Treo 800(v?) ohh, I don't know, about FOUR months BEFORE we get it on AT&T?? This is what happened with the Treo 750/Treo 750v: Release date for Vodafone: 9/12/06; Release date for AT&T: 1/8/07

I am hoping for clarification on this, so that I may adjust my anticipation to appropriate levels...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I was asking a question, not making a statement. My question is two-pronged:

One, is it true that Verizon and/or Sprint will get the Treo 800 BEFORE AT&T???

And two, if the above is true, will European providers get the Treo 800(v?) ohh, I don't know, about FOUR months BEFORE we get it on AT&T?? This is what happened with the Treo 750/Treo 750v: Release date for Vodafone: 9/12/06; Release date for AT&T: 1/8/07

I am hoping for clarification on this, so that I may adjust my anticipation to appropriate levels...
    Thaks for clarifying your clarification

The 800w will appear on Sprint/Verizon first. Based on the release patters, a GSM version should be in the works too, but no details or rumors that I can recall.
    What we need here is someone who is "working" on the Treo 800w - be it a carrier or an engineer, tester, whatever, to post something...ANYTHING! I read forums on just about every topic I can, gadgets, NAS, VoIP, even for my cable provider, as they provide "real" user experiences and insight you just cannot get from a publication, manufacturer's website, or blog. In some of those forums I see anonymous users claiming to be either current or former employees for the topics at hand, and more times than not they provide some of the most dramatic, and factual content...we need someone like that here - provided they don't mind reneging on their NDA...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yesterday, I have time to flash my Mogul to the latest ROM that HTC put out last week.

Now I use my TomTom6 and iGuidance 4 without an external GSP anymore.

Download speed has increased and upload speed has double due to Rev A.

I think USA has not much left for consumer electronics. USA is great in Space Shuttle, Stealth fighter planes, smart missile, etc

If HTC makes the Mogul, why would they want to make Treo for Palm?

I seem to be getting update quicker and regularly for the Mogul by HTC.

Palm as been slow. Now when is the 800w coming out? I been waiting.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234