1.    #1  
    Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help me but here is my situation.
    I recently bought a treo 700w off of ebay and the sellar said that it was not unlocked. I did not think this was a problem until I tried to have it switch over to use as my primary phone. I was told by Verizon that the ESN number was listed as stolen and they could do nothing. Is there anything I can do? I see may advertisments out there to unlock GSM and Sims card stuff but I don't know is that would be helpful in my situation. What can I do?

germanyfurth13
    you can do nothing. a stolen ESN is black listed by the carrier forever or until the original owner calls it in and reports it as found.
    Agreed....about the only thing you can do is report the seller to ebay, or if it was recent enough file a claim through ebay to return it.

If it has been too long, or your feeling especially forgiving, you can contact the seller, and explain the situation, and if it was an honest mistake, they will make it right (doubtful though....I would think ESN is one of the first things a seller would check, but still....you never know)!!!!!

Good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by germanyfurth13 View Post
    Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help me but here is my situation.
    I recently bought a treo 700w off of ebay and the sellar said that it was not unlocked. I did not think this was a problem until I tried to have it switch over to use as my primary phone. I was told by Verizon that the ESN number was listed as stolen and they could do nothing. Is there anything I can do? I see may advertisments out there to unlock GSM and Sims card stuff but I don't know is that would be helpful in my situation. What can I do?

germanyfurth13

If you report the seller to ebay as selling a stolen item, and can prove it, then he will be suspended at once, no questions asked. The resonse that you from Verizon that it is stolen should be sufficent to prove it. Of course, you can contact the seller, and see if he will refund your money. If you paid via PayPal, you should also have buyer protection through them.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."