Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I would like to hear success or failure scenarios from people who are actually using the 750 with the JX-10.

    More specifically, I want to be able to press the button on the headset, speak the name of the contact, and have the device dial for me. I don't really have an interest in using the voice command for anything else.

    Thanks in adance for your assistance.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
    I would like to hear success or failure scenarios from people who are actually using the 750 with the JX-10.

    More specifically, I want to be able to press the button on the headset, speak the name of the contact, and have the device dial for me. I don't really have an interest in using the voice command for anything else.

    Thanks in adance for your assistance.
    I haven't used the JX-10, but I was able to get the functionality you want with both a BlueAnt Z9 and a Plantronics Discovery 655 using Jetware BT Voice Dial.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I haven't used the JX-10, but I was able to get the functionality you want with both a BlueAnt Z9 and a Plantronics Discovery 655 using Jetware BT Voice Dial.
    Bear in mind, have not yet purchased the 750, but I noticed the following advisory from the Jetware webpage:

    Palm Treo 700w / 700wx / 750

    (does not support voice dialing or in-band ringtones)

    Your experience seems to be that the software does support voice dialing, correct?
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
    Bear in mind, have not yet purchased the 750, but I noticed the following advisory from the Jetware webpage:

    Palm Treo 700w / 700wx / 750

    (does not support voice dialing or in-band ringtones)

    Your experience seems to be that the software does support voice dialing, correct?
    For both my wife's headset and mine, yes. However, we are using 0.5 (yes it's old). I don't remember where I found the link/instructions but it was either on TreoCentral or WMExperts. It was a bit of a 'hack' if you will. I'll see if I can find the thread.

    EDIT: Found it. Here's the instructions that I followed. It works nicely.
    Last edited by phrogpilot73; 02/26/2008 at 12:51 PM.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  5. #5  
    After upgrading my 750 to WM6, my Aliph Jawbone works flawlessly with voice dial/voice command.

    Noise cancellation is a nice plus too.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

    My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    After upgrading my 750 to WM6, my Aliph Jawbone works flawlessly with voice dial/voice command.

    Noise cancellation is a nice plus too.
    Yeah, I think it might depend on headset. My wife's 655 and my Z9 didn't work with voice dial/voice command until I did the hack above.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  7. #7  
    I have a treo 750 unlocked running wm6 ce os 5.2.1239 buils 17746.0.2.4 and JB 10 Series II. I just can not get voice command to work to dial out. Please advise.

Posting Permissions