Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Is there a simple way to backup the complete memory of the Treo? Something where you can do a hard reset and reinstall everything just like it was? A one step process?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    get an sd card (unless you already have one)

and do a google (or yahoo) search for the wonderful FREE app NVBackup
    The only nvbackup I found is for PalmOS, not WM5.

Several options:

spb backup and sprite backup both work well. They are commercial, but I thought I saw sprite on the Palm site for d/l. Can't find it now though.

Both will backup everything from your phone and doing a hard reset then restore will bring it all back.

Found it

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html

I believe it is free since it requires a serial number as well as only working on Palm devices (according to the page)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    the SPRITE BACKUP also backs up text messages from the THREADER SMS app in my treo 700wx?

Thanx
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iknight View Post
    the SPRITE BACKUP also backs up text messages from the THREADER SMS app in my treo 700wx?

Thanx
    Sprite backup is on the Sprint startup CD (if u have sprint)
    Works flawlessly everytime- just hard reset 30 minutes ago and reloaded all with the backup- 1 caveat- if u enter a password, remeber what it is-
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    sprite backup doesn't backup threaded sms automatically. if you go to options custom add file then go to windows start menu programs and click the palm threaded messaging icon it should backup ur texts to double check click add folder click programs pal m messaging and that should wrk
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    I like sbd but have used sprite too. Both work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Sprite backup is on the Sprint startup CD (if u have sprint)
    I have Sprint, and did not have a copy of Sprite Backup on the CD! What gives!!! Any kind sole here that might send me a copy? Pretty Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke View Post
    I have Sprint, and did not have a copy of Sprite Backup on the CD! What gives!!! Any kind sole here that might send me a copy? Pretty Please!
    normally i would tell you to do some research, but since i have been away for a while consider this an early birthday (or whatever day) present

*link removed*
    Last edited by captblaze; 03/27/2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: after looking this thread over i intentionally removed the link
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    normally i would tell you to do some research, but since i have been away for a while consider this an early birthday (or whatever day) present

*link removed*
    Thanks for the present -- Unfortunately it seems, this was not offered to HTC owners (only Palm owners). And so, I am SOL.

Thanks anyway...