Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1.6 Available! 25-FEB-2008

What is Pocket SportsCenter Smartphone Edition?

Pocket SportsCenter Smartphone Edition is an app that allows you to track your favorite sports and teams directly on any Windows Mobile smartphone device (in theory!). Currently the smartphone edition does not include a homescreen plugin like it's big brother PPC Edition. Hopefully zbop will be able to port is wonderful Billboard today plugin to smartphones so we can utilize it..stay tuned...

=============================
    FEATURES

-- Enable/Disable updates on the following Sports:
    + Major League Baseball
    + NBA
    + NHL
    + NFL
    + NCAA Football (Top 25)
    + NCAA Basketball
    + Golf (PGA)
    + NASCAR
    + WNBA
    + MLS
    + English Premier League
    + ATP Tennis (beta)

-- Enable/Disable updates for specific teams in the following Sports
    + Major League Baseball
    + NFL
    + NHL
    + NBA

-- Enable/Disable updates for NCAA Conferences for Football and Basketball.

NCAA Basketball Conferences supported:
    Pac10
    ACC
    Big12
    BigEast
    Big10
    SEC
    ConfUSA
    WAC
    Indy
    SunBelt
    MidAmerican
    MountainWest
    Ohio Valley Conference
    West Coast Conference

NCAA Football Conferences supported:

Pac10
    ACC
    Big12
    BigEast
    Big10
    SEC
    ConfUSA
    WAC
    Indy
    SunBelt
    MidAmerican
    MountainWest

-- View Current Scores/Leaderboard for each sport you have enabled

-- View Current Score for each team you have enabled

-- View Current Scores for NCAA conferences you have enabled
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I got the following error when I was trying to view NCAA basketball scores (See attached image). Does it have to do with there being no games today? I get the same error for line 1177. Both come up a couple times then I get the blank blue screen with no scores (as expected as there are no games today).

BTW, anyway we can help convince ZOP to port his billboard today screen plug-in???

This is a great app!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Hey there, sorry, I haven't updated the SP edition with the latest code from the PPC edition..will try and get to it today or tomorrow...

I'm not sure if this still actively being developed, but if there's no objections, I'm going to incorporate this into wm6.1 in the testuiplugin panel. This way it will be on sliding panel homescreen the same as NRG weather, just as another page. Any thoughts?
  5.    #5  
    Could you send a screenshot through?

Sure, no problem, as soon as I get it running like I want it( probably by this weekend).
    Last edited by showaco; 06/03/2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: delete question
    This is what I've come up with so far but I'm not really happy with it yet. I just haven't had much time to mess with it. Right now it updates to the testuiplugin panel along with my weather. The attached mscr is set to a hot key so that I can update from homescreen. It loads the last team that was checked in pocketsportcenter and will only update that team until you change to another team in pocketsportscenter. I would be easy to set it to update at intervals on the homescreen. I made a few changes to your sportcenter mscr so it would write a few values to reg. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Looks very promising!! Too bad my 3125 only has WM5 or I would be tring it out. If you get it working well, that might be enough for me to load a cooked wm6 rom on my 3125!!
    How do I get the sports center on my home screen plugin and modify the mortscripts? I have WM6.1 for SP.
    UPDATED: 7/14/08 with cab installation file

I've been using pocket sports center app by ScottyMoMo and wanted a way to display it on homescreen panel. Take 2

I got the cab ready, its in the next post! I also fixed a bug in the auto updates not turning off.

This is a homescreen plugin for ScottyMoMo's Pocket SportsCenter for smartphone. This plugin will display any teams that you select in PSC. Teams only as of now, may add more support later. PSC allows you to select teams from MLB, NFL, NBA, or NHL. Once you select the teams in PSC, select the option to exit and save teams to panel.

The first page of panel is for PSC setup and options. The rest of the pages are for your teams( I allowed for up to 20 teams to be added). From the teams' pages, The ActionURL will do a manual update for that team. The softkey URL will open auto update options which are as follows:

1) 5 minute intervals
    2) 10 minute intervals
    3) 15 minute intervals
    4) stop auto updates

After selecting an interval it will save it and run an update. Only one team at a time on updates, both manual and auto. You can go to another page to manual update another team, but auto only runs on 1 team at a time.

TO INSTALL THIS PLUGIN:
    YOU NEED BOTH CAB FILES(FROM FIRST AND NEXT POST)

1) If you don't already have it, install Scotty MoMo's Pocket SportsCenter cab(in first post above), this is original version without plugin. Install this first on your phone.

2) Install the PSC_Scoreboard cab(in next post), this is the plugin for 6.1 Standard sliding panel homescreen.

3) Use Chome Configurator or another means to enable the new Sports panel created by the registry files(ask if you don't how).

4) Now go to page 1 of Sports panel and setup you teams from PSC options, exit and save teams to panel, and you should be set.
    Last edited by showaco; 07/14/2008 at 09:13 PM.
    Here's the rest of the screenshots and the CAB for the Sports panel plugin, didn't know there was 5 attachment limit when I started above.
    Last edited by showaco; 07/14/2008 at 09:06 PM.
    I updated post with cab file for the plugin installation and fixed an auto update issue.
    Does this work for Windows Mobile 5?

I've been working on a little tweak to Scotty Mo Mo's PSC --- but this looks way groovy.

I don't think WM5 supports the Sliding Panel plugin ?
    Is there any other option ?

Please lemme know if you can help!
    StayClassyChicago
    Motorola Q
    Last edited by stayclassychicago; 07/15/2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    1.6 Available! 25-FEB-2008
    What is Pocket SportsCenter Smartphone Edition?

Pocket SportsCenter Smartphone Edition is an app that allows you to track your favorite sports and teams directly on any Windows Mobile smartphone device (in theory!). Currently the smartphone edition does not include a homescreen plugin like it's big brother PPC Edition. Hopefully zbop will be able to port is wonderful Billboard today plugin to smartphones so we can utilize it..stay tuned...
    Hey ScottyMoMo or Showaco (or anyone) ~
    First off, the PSC is pretty boss!

Now if Windows Mobile 5 is limited I had another idea. WM5 allows the HomeScreen plugin to display the Settings> > Owner Information > "Notes"

code:
    <plugin clsid="{4824B576-EFFE-45cf-BAE9-649B930CD244}" height="20" name="PSC Plugin">
    <background b-border-width="0">
    <format state="selected" font-weight="bold" bgcolor="transparent" />
    </background>
    <label x="0" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" font-size="20">
    <text>PSC: <notes /> </text>
    </label>
    </plugin>

> What I want to do is either write a static value in the .INI file for my favorite team -or- use the data from MySportsAndTeams.xml.
    --> I just don't know what variable to use as input

Can anyone help?

StayClassyChicago
    Quote Originally Posted by stayclassychicago View Post
    Does this work for Windows Mobile 5?

I've been working on a little tweak to Scotty Mo Mo's PSC --- but this looks way groovy.

I don't think WM5 supports the Sliding Panel plugin ?
    Is there any other option ?

Please lemme know if you can help!
    StayClassyChicago
    Motorola Q
    Sorry, but sliding panels are only for 6.1. You could write the info in a loop that writes to the network id area( where it says AT&T or tmobile or whatever). The loop would display the info continuously, changing on the fly whenever you update the scores. I could send you a loop we use for displaying weather info to look at for your display. You would just have to double check the reg location for network id in wm5. On 6.1 its : HKLM\System\State\Phone\Operator Name, of course thats off the top of my head but its something like that. Let me know if interested and I'll assist if possible and you aren't in too big a hurry. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now, but I will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by stayclassychicago View Post
    Hey ScottyMoMo or Showaco (or anyone) ~
    First off, the PSC is pretty boss!

Now if Windows Mobile 5 is limited I had another idea. WM5 allows the HomeScreen plugin to display the Settings> > Owner Information > "Notes"

code:
    <plugin clsid="{4824B576-EFFE-45cf-BAE9-649B930CD244}" height="20" name="PSC Plugin">
    <background b-border-width="0">
    <format state="selected" font-weight="bold" bgcolor="transparent" />
    </background>
    <label x="0" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" font-size="20">
    <text>PSC: <notes /> </text>
    </label>
    </plugin>

> What I want to do is either write a static value in the .INI file for my favorite team -or- use the data from MySportsAndTeams.xml.
    --> I just don't know what variable to use as input

Can anyone help?

StayClassyChicago
    That could work good if the <notes string is stored in reg where it would be easy to overwrite with the new info each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by showaco View Post
    Sorry, but sliding panels are only for 6.1. You could write the info in a loop that writes to the network id area( where it says AT&T or tmobile or whatever). The loop would display the info continuously, changing on the fly whenever you update the scores. I could send you a loop we use for displaying weather info to look at for your display. You would just have to double check the reg location for network id in wm5. On 6.1 its : HKLM\System\State\Phone\Operator Name, of course thats off the top of my head but its something like that. Let me know if interested and I'll assist if possible and you aren't in too big a hurry. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now, but I will help.
    I'm in this WM 5 boat also as I was the one who asked Scottymomo to build the smartphone version in the 1st place. We asked Zbob to build the billboard plug-in for smartphones but he said it was tough and he didn't have the time.

I believe the reg location for the network id is:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name

I too would be intertested in getting this working and will help test as needed as I helped Scotty test the orginal smartphen version (though I not much on coding).
    Quote Originally Posted by kwdunn View Post
    I'm in this WM 5 boat also as I was the one who asked Scottymomo to build the smartphone version in the 1st place. We asked Zbob to build the billboard plug-in for smartphones but he said it was tough and he didn't have the time.

I believe the reg location for the network id is:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name

I too would be intertested in getting this working and will help test as needed as I helped Scotty test the orginal smartphen version (though I not much on coding).
    Cool, I'll see about adding the Current Operator Name loop to it and then post it for you to check. It might be a few days before I have time or I might get it as early as tomorrow.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by showaco View Post
    Cool, I'll see about adding the Current Operator Name loop to it and then post it for you to check. It might be a few days before I have time or I might get it as early as tomorrow.
    showaco,

will probably not be able to look at your stuff until this weekend but will definitely do so then...

I dig it! I'd like to see the loop and I'd like to help or write a script and test.

The <notes> field is easily rewritable and accessible, plus I don't use the carrier plugin so I can write an option to write to that instead.

>Quick ?

Since the carrier line is small --- did you only have 1 team? How did you handle the input? I'll check back later.

StayClassyChicago
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast