Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stayclassychicago View Post
    Since the carrier line is small --- did you only have 1 team? How did you handle the input? I'll check back later.

StayClassyChicago
    You could add as many teams as you want to operator name since it runs a text loop that would give an everchanging text display. I attached a sample loop that would write 6 different text strings, rotating every 2 seconds and then starting over if contrun(variable to check for user loop stop) hasn't changed. As long as contrun always = 1 , then the loop runs nonstop. There is no set number of texts that can be used, I did 6 here, but it could changed to any number. Then when PSC runs updates, just have it write the text you want to the reg so it can be read into loop. Once loop is started, you can forget about it. During updates , you can Kill loop, then write text like "Update in Progress", " Connecting to Internet", or whatever. When update finishes, just use CallScript to start loop again. Don't know if I made sense, but don't be afraid to ask.

Hey, since you're going to work on this some and you seem to know mortscript, I also need to figure out the best way to write the icons for wm5/wm6 along with the text loop. I have a weather plugin that I need to add icons to the text loop display, and it should work same as this. Maybe we can work together on a solution.
    Last edited by showaco; 07/29/2008 at 11:02 PM.
    Did this effort die or is anybody still working on it?

Just wondering
    I've hit a wall trying to figure out the code --- more specifically I need to figure out how either
    -what value is actually input for the team (or conference)
    or
    -how to take the input from the "MySportsAndTeams.xml" file

If anyone has ideas or coding experience your help would be MOST appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by stayclassychicago View Post
    I've hit a wall trying to figure out the code --- more specifically I need to figure out how either
    -what value is actually input for the team (or conference)
    or
    -how to take the input from the "MySportsAndTeams.xml" file

If anyone has ideas or coding experience your help would be MOST appreciated
    Here's how I parse the MySportsAndTeams.xml:

Code:
    CurrentTeams = ReadFile(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"MySportsAndTeams.xml")
    pages = 1
    ForEach line in split ( CurrentTeams, "^LF^", 1 )

If (Find(line, "<team>"))

pages = pages + 1
    		endsport = Find(line,":")-7
    		Sport[pages] = SubStr(line,7,endsport)
    		endteam = Find(line,"(")+1
    		endname = endteam - 13
    		endteamcode = (ReverseFind(line,")")-endteam)
    		TeamName[pages] = SubStr(line,12,endname)
    		TeamCode[pages] = SubStr(line,endteam,endteamcode)
    		icon = instPath&"\icons\"&Sport[pages]&"\"&TeamCode[pages]&".png"
    		Display1 = Sport[pages]&" <> "&TeamCode[pages]		EndIf	

EndForEach
    This will parse the sports xml file created by pocketsportscenter after you have picked your teams, sports, etc. It returns values for teams only and ignores the sports,etc. Teams is all I was looking for the making the 6.1 panel plugin.
    Does this application work for Windows Mobile 5.0? I have a Motorola Q. If yes, how do I get it to work? Do I need to implement this into the .xml of my homescreen? Any thoughts or ideas anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by showaco View Post
    UPDATED: 7/14/08 with cab installation file

I've been using pocket sports center app by ScottyMoMo and wanted a way to display it on homescreen panel. Take 2

I got the cab ready, its in the next post! I also fixed a bug in the auto updates not turning off.

This is a homescreen plugin for ScottyMoMo's Pocket SportsCenter for smartphone. This plugin will display any teams that you select in PSC. Teams only as of now, may add more support later. PSC allows you to select teams from MLB, NFL, NBA, or NHL. Once you select the teams in PSC, select the option to exit and save teams to panel.

The first page of panel is for PSC setup and options. The rest of the pages are for your teams( I allowed for up to 20 teams to be added). From the teams' pages, The ActionURL will do a manual update for that team. The softkey URL will open auto update options which are as follows:

1) 5 minute intervals
    2) 10 minute intervals
    3) 15 minute intervals
    4) stop auto updates

After selecting an interval it will save it and run an update. Only one team at a time on updates, both manual and auto. You can go to another page to manual update another team, but auto only runs on 1 team at a time.

TO INSTALL THIS PLUGIN:
    YOU NEED BOTH CAB FILES(FROM FIRST AND NEXT POST)

1) If you don't already have it, install Scotty MoMo's Pocket SportsCenter cab(in first post above), this is original version without plugin. Install this first on your phone.

2) Install the PSC_Scoreboard cab(in next post), this is the plugin for 6.1 Standard sliding panel homescreen.

3) Use Chome Configurator or another means to enable the new Sports panel created by the registry files(ask if you don't how).

4) Now go to page 1 of Sports panel and setup you teams from PSC options, exit and save teams to panel, and you should be set.
    how do i do step 3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12