1.    #1  
    I apologize if I am starting a thread thats already here somewhere, but I've search until my eyes hurt and can't find a thing. Maybe I just don't know the right terms to describe my issue. In any case here's my problem; just got a 700W, went to do the palm/verizon upate, right in the middle of the update my PC decides to restart on its own. Now the Treo will only display a white screen with some red and blue numbers at the top and a big Treo emblem in the center. From my reading, I've come to understand this as "bricked" or unusable. I refuse to believe there no saving it at this point, since I brought my Ipaq back from a similair state. The PC only recognises it as HTC something when its plugged in to a USB. Does anyone have information or a link for a process to "debrick" my Treo? I only got to play with it for like 3 hrs!
    Im not sure if u can, but did u try to hard reset? Also, if u dont find a way u can always take it back to the store and tell them that the update software did that... u dont have to tell them ur PC crashed, u can say their program gave u an error and crashed... I dont think if u bend the truth a bit u will do much damage to a billion dollar company...
  3.    #3  
    Ya, I've hard reset it like a thousand times, screen doesn't change. I called Palm right after it got toasted and spilled the beans, then spilled them again when I got transfered to Verizon. I'm beating them up a little trying to get something done, but I would rather spend a few hours hacking it back together than wait a few weeks (months) for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    It is impossible to fix this because there is most likely no firmware on the phone anymore.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    It is impossible to fix this because there is most likely no firmware on the phone anymore.
    How did it get on there in the first place? If it can be flashed once, it can be flashed again.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    A failed/interrupted re-flash can not be re-flashed because there is not a bootloader or anything to interface with a computer or the phone's hardware.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Trust me... if you tell the lovely foreign service reps at vzw they'll send you a new one. They're right... just tell 'em that it happened during the software update. No further details
    LongLivePalm
  8.    #8  
    Anybody seen something like this for the 700w?

http://www.foleofanatics.com/2007/12...very-tool.html

I would love to try this tool if anyone would be willing to send it to me.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Why? It only works on the 750
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Link is broken... what is it that you're looking for?
    LongLivePalm
  11.    #11  
    It's the Treo 750 Update 2.25 Recovery Tool, part of Treo 750 Updater 2.25. Need a serial from a 750 to download it. What do I have to loose?