1.    #1  
    Well I switched over to the Centro only because I was kind of tiring of the BRICK size of the 700. But not even two weeks into it, I switched back to my 700wx... I love WM over the PALM OS and it's great getting back to a nicely spaced keyborad and big screeen. I don't think I can ever go back to a PALM OS again.. To me, it's nothing compared to WM
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    You know...I really fail to see why people think it's important to tell us that they are moving to a different phone.

Why should we care? We're not you, so it doesn't affect us. Would you care if I told you I was going to trade in my Pontiac for a Chevy? Probably not, as it makes no difference to you what kind of car I drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    Well I switched over to the Centro only because I was kind of tiring of the BRICK size of the 700. But not even two weeks into it, I switched back to my 700wx... I love WM over the PALM OS and it's great getting back to a nicely spaced keyborad and big screeen. I don't think I can ever go back to a PALM OS again.. To me, it's nothing compared to WM
    Its great to see despite the flaws some people can love WM after all. From blogs like Engadget one would think thats impossible.

Surur
    Welcome back to WM....I'm sure there are many many people just like you. I left palm years ago, and I wouldn't go back if they paid me......well it depends on how much....I suppose I could be a palm gigolo for the right price, but it would be a lot.
    Some people just enjoy watching the hypnotic circle when they do anything on their device. I love the apps on WM, can't stand the speed (or lack of).
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I like reading people's opinions on what new device they're trying and why or why not they like it. It helps me make a decision on what to try myself. Thanks for sharing everyone.
  7.    #7  
    I just hope the 800 will have a nice feel on the keyboard... even reading the reviews and watching reviews of the Centro, I figured I can get use to the keyboard... NO WAY... I moved from a Moto Q to the 700wx... I would go with the Q over the Centro...

I'm with Sprint, so I'm waiting for the 800 and the BB curve to hit their line to see my options.. but I would rather stay with the WM
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its great to see despite the flaws some people can love WM after all. From blogs like Engadget one would think thats impossible.

Surur
    Everything MS is evil to those blogs. Quite irksome and annoying if you ask me. For instance, BGR is anti-Sprint (and to some extent CDMA)... even when they attempt to do something positive like WiMax, the tone is obnoxious and redundant.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    You know...I really fail to see why people think it's important to tell us that they are moving to a different phone.

Why should we care? We're not you, so it doesn't affect us. Would you care if I told you I was going to trade in my Pontiac for a Chevy? Probably not, as it makes no difference to you what kind of car I drive.
    You're right, we wouldn't care if you switched from a Pontiac to a Chevy, but people on a Pontiac enthusiast site might be interested.

I agree with you to the extent that it's annoying when people make obnoxious posts (not the poster of this thread) about how they left their "crappy Treo" for something else and it's so much better. However, most of the time I actually like reading those posts because they can be very insightful. For example, I'm personally toying with getting the Touch. Reading user reviews of the Touch on other websites is only partially helpful, but hearing first-hand praise/criticism from Treo users here is by far the most valuable since I can relate to their experience.
    WM apps are generally more bloated and clunky than Palm OS apps, but the ones they get right (eg, Live Search) blow away anything on the POS.

With the Styletap Palm OS emulator, I can use Palm apps for most things and rely on WM apps only for the heavy lifting. It works great and I'm never going back to POS.

Surur - Engadget Mobile used to be a balanced informational site. Now it's a never-ending pro-iPhon, anti-Palm and WM commercial.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.