1.    #1  
    Hey guys. Long time Treo user (more hacked up 650's than you can shake a stick at), complete n00b to how Windows Mobile operates in general and I had a few questions. I've used plenty of WM6 phones for my job and as a whole, I like it more than WM5.

Completely technically, what's preventing anyone from somehow porting WM6 to the 700wx? Is there any specific hardware that WM6 requires that the 700wx lacks? I know the HTC Apache (6700) guys have gotten it to run on their once-WM5 devices.

Anyone heard anything at all or done any research themselves?

Sorry to sound like a complete *****, but I can't find too much definitive information on the topic. Usually it's just a "no it doens't work" reply. Thanks for any data on the topic. Thanks guys.
    That's mostly becuase it's been discussed so much that all the new threads are just 'no'

It's not a hw problem, its Palm. Palm designed their ROM images in a way that has yet to be decoded. The reason that the images exist on the Apache is because the software to create the rom images and then load them onto the machine is much more readily available from HTC. Palm will not release anything, and cracking it has proven too difficult for people to pursue. So bottom line, no WM6 unless Palm releases it, which, at this point, is particularly unlikely.
  3.    #3  
    That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Oh well, I guess my wx can just be an interim device between now and whenever I get a Mogul or 800w ;-)

And I don't feel too bad. $50 well spent. haha =)
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    Palm will not release anything, and cracking it has proven too difficult for people to pursue.
    By cracking it, what do you mean? Is it encoded cryptographically? The actual working of the ROM itself?

But people will pursue cracking the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke523 View Post
    By cracking it, what do you mean? Is it encoded cryptographically? The actual working of the ROM itself?

But people will pursue cracking the iPhone.
    There are no rom tools also for 700p/755p so custom rom is not easy to make

Is there any difference between xscale or samsung processor?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d