1.    #1  
    Hello, long time Treo novice, looking to move to a Mogul (new DCD Rom looks sweet)

Can someone help me out?

I use a program called RollOver from www.hobbyistsoftware.com VERY HEAVILY.

***basically what the program does is, it creates a FLOATING APPOINTMENT/ event and will automatically rollover to the next day until I finish the event in my calendar.

Is there anything similar/comparable on a windows OS?

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/rollover-more.php
    I think pocketinformant has this feature.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I think pocketinformant has this feature.

Surur

cool- ill check it out.. anyone else with more info, please chime in.

BTW, which device are you currently using Surur?

(seen many of your posts on Treocentral..
    HTC Kaiser - I think feature for feature its the best WM device out there, but I cant wait for the Sony Ericcson Experia to come out, but thats at least 7-9 months away

Surur
  5.    #5  
    just read here that PocketInformant does NOT currently support the floating event/ rollover option:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forum...11110&hl=float

Anyone have any other ideas?

This may be a deal breaker for me moving to WinMo....this and how well Flexmail w/ IDLE IMAP work.
    try looking at agendus for windws mobile. the new edition I believe supports a rolling appointment entry.

also I use seven's plugin for IMAP pushmail. it also supports Y!, Gmail, hotmail, and aol. and its FREE! (while its in beta at least)
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Agenda One takes this approach too maybe solve your request.

A task is scheduled due for 2/20/08.

In options you choose:

Display completed tasks (Yes/No)

It also gives you options to show or not show undated tasks. Yo can place the undated tasks at the beginning or end of the list, as well as sorting all of tasks by date or course. You can also select how many days of advance tasks you want to ee if any.

This works great for me and it has the added benefit of maintaining the original due date of the task but showing. This allows a concept of what are the oldest tasks.

IMHO Agenda One is the easiest, strongest, one handed PIM on the market. Once I picked it up I have never uninstalled it. I have installed and uninstalled PI, Fusion, Extreme Agenda, Agendus. All of them have strengths but none of them are as easy and streamlined as Agenda One.

There are 2 features I am hoping to see in Agenda One in the future.

01. Email contack details from the contact list. I use small 3rd party add on now that does it. Des not work 100%.

02. Convert email to task/appointment.

I direct a team of 15 managers and deal with several hundred tasks at any time and I use Outlook Exchange/Agenda One.

Regards
    graylion
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Agenda One takes this approach too maybe solve your request.

A task is scheduled due for 2/20/08.

In options you choose:

Display completed tasks (Yes/No)

It also gives you options to show or not show undated tasks. Yo can place the undated tasks at the beginning or end of the list, as well as sorting all of tasks by date or course. You can also select how many days of advance tasks you want to ee if any.

This works great for me and it has the added benefit of maintaining the original due date of the task but showing. This allows a concept of what are the oldest tasks.

IMHO Agenda One is the easiest, strongest, one handed PIM on the market. Once I picked it up I have never uninstalled it. I have installed and uninstalled PI, Fusion, Extreme Agenda, Agendus. All of them have strengths but none of them are as easy and streamlined as Agenda One.

There are 2 features I am hoping to see in Agenda One in the future.

01. Email contack details from the contact list. I use small 3rd party add on now that does it. Des not work 100%.

02. Convert email to task/appointment.

I direct a team of 15 managers and deal with several hundred tasks at any time and I use Outlook Exchange/Agenda One.

Regards

Thank you for your input.

Agenda One looks GREAT.

Is the latest version, ver2?

--I am not a big fan of a bloated PIM..simple will suffice. (currently using 2DAY from SHSH software on the PalmOS)

However, a floating event, floats an appointment (calendar appointmen) ..so its not exactly a task which I try to achieve.

The benefits to a floating event you ask>? I mainly use it for credit card/ bill due dates. Say if my statement ends on March 1st, I will set it to Rollover (float) on March 1st...and it will keep rolling over until I mark it Paid (or in this sense, make it stop floating)

I have yet to find a windows mobile prog to do that effectively as I had on the Treo OS...
    See that is what I get for reading but not registering.

I am not aware of any program that does floating appointments.

I would use a task for something like bill due date, but that is just me.

Yes version is current, I still recommend Agenda One.

Please let us know if you locate a program with floating appointments.

Regards
    graylion