1.    #1  
    Okay, I upgraded to WM6 in large part because I wanted to be able to use a larger MiniSD card. I've hear people saying that they've used up to 16GB without a problem... although I don't need THAT much storage.

But here's my confusion. Many have posted that they are using a SanDisk 8GB. But this site doesn't sell an 8GB Mini. Even at SanDisk, all I can find is a Micro. I know I can use a "reader" and put that in he treo... but I don't like the idea of having yet another adapter in my life... and I kind of feel like a "larger" 8GB card wil be more reliable than the teen little thing in another card.

So... ARE there not 8GB MiniSD cards out there? Or am I just not fnding them?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Oddly enough, the manufacturers seem to have decided to offer the larger capacities in MicroSD and make you use an adapter.
    Just as holmes said, the standard is now micro SD so you wont see any capacities large than 4 GB on mini SD. You will see the mini SD format being phased out for the micro. However, the micro is "universal" and can be used in mini and SD slots with the adapters. You will see the companies market the micros as universal moving forward and they will include both adapters (mini and standard SD)
    Why get a large miniSD card when virtually no new phones will probably use it? microSD is probably going to be the format of choice for a while, so if you upgrade your phone, you'll be able to continue to use your memory card.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Why get a large miniSD card when virtually no new phones will probably use it? microSD is probably going to be the format of choice for a while, so if you upgrade your phone, you'll be able to continue to use your memory card.
    Okay, okay... I'll move kicking and screaming into the future. But, seriously... the micro is small enough now, SanDisk... I can barely see the "Mini".

Let's hope this standard sticks around for a while.
    This is just my own bloviating, but I think we've reached the "sweet spot" with the micro form factor.

It's pretty much at the limit of male adult manipulation with fingers. It's already tiny enough to get easily lost while messing around with them. I mean, really now, where else to go? The new SDGoR form factor (GoR == Grain of Rice )

Any smaller and we're looking at needing a tool to insert and remove the things. The micro format is already right on the edge in that case for some people.

No, I'd forecast the micro form factor to settle down as the technology for quite some time.

Oh, and that concern about the adapters? Don't be. The micro-to-mini is literally just a pass-through.

Looking for a good price on an 8mb card? Just picked up a Patriot branded class 6 (fastest available) at Fry's electronics for $22. Came with both mini and standard adapters too. I've been on it for 3 days so far, and it's been trouble-free (and fast!).