Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So when using Pusheffect and someone sends you an email you actually get a text message with the first 160 characters (because of texting limitation) and then you know by that text to connect to the internet and retrieve your email?

That how it works?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    The concept is as follows: when your device receives the specific SMS, it is coded in such a way to wake up your email app and your app pulls the emal data from the host server automatically.

You should not see the SMS but you may see your email being activated in the background.

You should have no need to manually activate your email software to pickup your email if everything works as designed.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 02/23/2008 at 03:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Maybe you can help me.

When I send an email from home I get the email as a text only. How do I get my email program (the messaging program in WM5) to retrieve the email? I have probably missed a setting somewhere but can not figure it out.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    What are you typing on the "send to" portion of your email? To your cell phone number or to one of your regular email account?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I figured it out but now when it downloads the email it appears to stay connected to the internet. Is there a way to have it automatically disconnect? I will follow up the message with what I set wrong.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I found that in the "Signal Pattern" setting if I enter my mobile number followed by "@" that it would not forward to my email program. So what I have in there now is just "@".

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Where do see the "Signal Pattern" settings? Can you post a screen shot?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Open pusheffect account settings. I am talking about what you fill in in the area labeled "Activate when SMS sender area contains".

"Signal Pattern" is what they call it in their guide.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider