1.    #1  
    Clearly, the WM platform brings some really nice capabilities to the table (especially exchange integration, if you need that), but I've got some POS apps that I really like and use frequently. So, if one were contemplating moving from the POS 650 to the WM 800, what's available to replace:

Flight status
    Minutes Plus
    GeoNiche
    Directory Assistant (I realize a wm version is in the works--I wonder if the 800 will be available first...)

-Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by pwest View Post
    Flight status
    Directory Assistant (I realize a wm version is in the works--I wonder if the 800 will be available first...)
    From what I've heard, both of these programs work find under StyleTap. I haven't tried them yet. On my latest business trip, I used my 750 (I also moved over from a 650) to go to mobile.flightstats.com, and got everything I needed. 3G is fast...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Just wondering, I'd been using the 650 for a couple of years and had a lot of information put into the contacts. can these be sync'd to the 750v?

if it can't how can i convert the data in the contacts list? same for the memos i made - stored lots of info, reciepies, and other useful info for quick recall there as well...

hope someone in here can help.
    I second BalooMark's request. I've been using 650 since it came out too and I absolutely love yet. But I think it's about time to move on to something new now. I think the Treo form factor is the best in the industry (Iphone who?) But what do I do with the tonnes of info stored on my phone?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Get your blades & soft drugs here! http://www.encure.com/storepage/store.htm
    Sync the contacts on you 650 with outlook on your desktop. (and your calendar and tasks and notes) Then when you sync your new Treo800 or 700wx you will be all set up.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I may make the move to the 850 when it comes out, so I'm curious as to whether there's a decent equivalent for ChatterEmail or not? I use that a lot, and I don't imagine that would work under StyleTap... .
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    I may make the move to the 850 when it comes out, so I'm curious as to whether there's a decent equivalent for ChatterEmail or not? I use that a lot, and I don't imagine that would work under StyleTap... .
    No, Chatter won't work with StyleTap.

For instant Exchange email, Pocket Outlook is a decent but somewhat limited replacement. FlexMail provides more options, including IMAP IDLE.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    DirAssist - After you use LiveSearch you may wonder Dir who?

PIM info - very easy to sync using Outlook. You can either sync the 650 with Outlook or export records in csv format I believe from Palm Desktop and import into Outlook.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    [QUOTE=skfny;1422196]DirAssist - After you use LiveSearch you may wonder Dir who?QUOTE]

Directory Assistant was a huge concern for me 2 to 3 years ago as well. Then live search came out and it absolutely blew DA away. Now livesearch has been updated several times and it is probably the number 1 killer app on the platform.

Full voice recognition
    movie listings
    gas prices
    maps
    traffic
    works with most embedded GPS- but GPS is not neccessary
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I too was a huge fan of Directory Assistant back in the day, but I switched to Google Maps with its built-in Business Search.
    I agree about Live Search and Google Maps replacing DA/ tryda, but there is no email program on any OS I've used (including Palm's Versamail, Snappermail, PC's Windows Mail, Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, and WM's Flexmail, Outlook, Seven, etc.) that compares to Chatter for IMAP. If you have an exchange server, its entirely different, but unfortunately nothing comes close for IMAP. It's my biggest issue with WM actually (WM Standard running on my q9c.)