Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I don't like pictures for buttons because I think it is unprofessional. I do like the buttons but would like ones that are a little shorter. Anyone know how to make this change?

Thanks

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would like to make the button shorter by about 20%. Is it an image I can edit? Or something in the registry?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    If you're really wanting to maximize your screen space, you might also think about this:

- If you can remember the single digit 'quick keys' that you assign to your speed dials (M for Mom; B for Boss, whatever) you can actually remove the speed dials from showing on your today screen, yet their function will still remain.

In other words - go into Menu/Preferences/Today Settings, and uncheck speed dial. You can STILL dial any of those single keys by pressing and holding the associated key, so your speed dials will still work (if you assigned them a single digit quick key), but they won't be taking up space on your Today screen.

It really just ends up being a test of your memory....'lessee, did I have my wife as 'L' for lovie, or 'B' for beyot**'.LOL.

Give that a shot and see what you think......
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    As far as I know, the speed dial plugin is a totally separate program that Palm wrote... unless you've got the nearly impossible decompiling process ahead of you, I don't think you have much hope. Try looking into the today screen redesigner called rlToday... it's unbelievably customizable. You can add many shortcuts, including speedials. Here's the sample from the site (no speedials on this certain customization... look around) ...

Look here at XDA for some themes to get you started:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1601960
    LongLivePalm