Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Alright so I made sure to try to do some research before posting this question and if it has already been discussed than I must have somehow bypassed it. There are many programs posted on here that are zipped. I know how to unzip the folder however I don't know what to do after that using windows mobile device manager. Am I supposed to copy all of the unzipped files into some folder in wmdm in order to install into my phone?
    .CAB folders are not .ZIP files and do not need to be unzipped to use on your WM device. To use them, you just drop them on to your phone and execute them from your phone.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Many times, authors will include readme text files with .cab files in a common .zip folder. I use a .zip program on my device to open the folder and can run the .cab from there without extracting it to another spot.
    Like the other two said, if it's a CAB, just drop it onto your phone and then find it and just tap on it to run it. If it's a ZIP, more than likely it will have either a CAB or an MSI inside it. If MSI, you'll have to run from your desktop. If it's a CAB, you can just drop it onto your phone.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    As usual thanks for the info. I was able to now get the programs to my phone. The one thing I did find is that when I copy the file from my comp it is easiest to paste in my documents folder on my phone so that I can locate it. Again thanks for helping me out.
    Once the application is installed, can the *.CAB file used to install it be deleted, or is that the application file itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by copwriter View Post
    Once the application is installed, can the *.CAB file used to install it be deleted, or is that the application file itself?
    Yes. But I would keep a copy of it on your PC, if you already do not have one. That way, if you ever want to reinstall the app, just copy the .CAB file back on your device again and execute.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yes. But I would keep a copy of it on your PC, if you already do not have one. That way, if you ever want to reinstall the app, just copy the .CAB file back on your device again and execute.
    Way ahead of you there. I always download new apps to my PC, then install from there. The downloaded file remains safe on the PC.

Thanks for the reply.