1.    #1  
    I have the weirdest issue I have ever seen with the Treo 700wx. At one point last year, I installed a threaded SMS program. Prob around December as the date will make sense in a second. I think it was a little different than the one that is explained in this forum. Didn't like it so I uninstalled it. Just the other day, I installed the one that is in the sticky and I love it. The problem is that a day after I installed it, I started receiving text messages from 12/17/07, exactly 2 months earlier. Then on the 18th, I recieved a bunch of texts from 12/18/07. I had gotten these before so I called Verizon. They said they must be dormant in my phone because they do not retain texts after they hit our phone. Ever since then, when I do a soft reset, I get about 10 more, so far from 12/18/07. Any idea what is going on or how to stop it? It is REALLY annoying.

Thanks!!
    i have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!
    On sunday, I also set up the new threaded text that is in the sticky. Ever since then i get 10 new texts at once (10 seems to be the limit) EVERY TIME i open the program and some othe times when it is already open. it is very very annoying, especially when on the phone and that whistle alert keeps going off, 10 TIMES when you trying to talk.
    my texts started coming back from November and this is the first time i added the threaded text to my 700wx with sprint. i am up to december now, this could take forever to clear out.

anyone have any suggestions. thanks.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    just to confirm that it IS NOT a network issue, because i shut the radio, shut the messenger application, then opened up the messenger app again with the radio still off and sure enough the old messages started pouring in.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where these are that I can clear out?

thx.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  4.    #4  
    It is definitely not a network issue. Talked to Verizon. They told me that there are no issues flagged with this problem and once the text messages are sent to the phone, they are deleted off of the network. They said occasionally you will get 2 in a row or within a day or so, but that's about it.
  5.    #5  
    Update to my situation...I did a hard reset on my unit and it appears to work better, BUT everytime I soft reset, I get like the most recent 10 text messages back again, even tho I deleted them. Any ideas??
    So annoying
    Same problem here. Three weeks ago I got messages from the fourth of July. I am up to July 27 today.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I don't have any special text programs just the one that comes with the 700wx and I occasionally get this problem as well, however, in my case it doesn't happen in any pattern only every once in a while. Nevertheless, it is still an annoyance and it seemed that maybe it was time to revive this thread to see if anyone has heard of a solution.
  8.    #8  
    Hey...I am the one who started the thread and I came to this conclusion. Formats always cure every problem. I just did a system format and started from scratch. I even restored back the SMS program, which I HIGHLY recommend. I haven't had the problems again. It works GREAT!!!