1.    #1  
    I dont know what you guys have been using to stream and share your own music but a buddy of mine showed me the new winamp remote feature. i think its a great tool. i have instant access to my music through the internet. plus it is set up very well. tell me what you thing and if there is something better let me know.

www.winamp.com
    Oh you are using WINAMP to stream your music from home?
    Can you select what songs you want via the phone? Or just what you preset in winamp as a playlist?

I haven't tried that but i use winamp all the time again. I like to listen to shoutcast.com stations on the laptop.

And I save the playlists in the Treo and just stream them directly from the radio servers.

Try this for example...

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,Pirate Radio KQLZ Los Angeles - Real Rock, Real Rockers, No Wimps Allowed!
    http://38.100.214.15:8012
    #EXTINF:-1,(#2 - 17/125) Pirate Radio KQLZ Los Angeles - Real Rock, Real Rockers, No Wimps Allowed!
    http://70.85.177.26:80
    #EXTINF:-1,(#3 - 1/1) Pirate Radio KQLZ Los Angeles - Real Rock, Real Rockers, No Wimps Allowed!
    http://70.84.206.217:9012

Copy and paste into notepad on your PC.
    Select "Save As" in notepad, and save it as Pirate Radio.pls

Copy to your phone.

It will open TCPMP and stream the audio form Pirate Radio in Los Angelos, CA.

Or use your phone's browser to goto shoutcast.com and when you click on "tune in" on a channel you like, it saves as a playlist in your documents in your phone. Then you can rename to the stations name. If you want to play a channel that streams AAC+ instead of mp3, you will need to add the aac plug in for tcpmp.

I have about a dozen favorites.
    Pirate Radio
    The Edge Rocks
    Random LoveLine (plays loveline episodes nonstop and usually commercial free) but sometimes it's too bust to connect.

Oh, I also figured out that i can insert my IP adress into a playlist file and use a port number to one of my PC's and stream video and audio just like slingshot but without paying for slingshot. I can't change the channel though. Or stream a LIVE webcam.
  3.    #3  
    once you access the remote website on your pda web browser(or any computer for that matter) it looks and acts just like winamp on your pc. you can select a playlist or iduvidual songs.
    Oh ok. When I've installed winamp, I've always unchecked that option for the winamp remote. I thought it was something else.

I've got a 4 gig card, so if I'm going to listen to my own collection, I have always got lots on my SD card to play, and that way the battery lasts all day.

If I stream music, I just goto the streaming radio stations like Pirate Radio, etc. Then I get to hear a variety and lots of music that I don't have in my collection.
    Streaming does eat the battery within 4 hours or so. I have two batteries luckily to get me through the day even if i do stream alot.
    Someday I'll buy one of those high capacity batteries. They do stick out of the back though.
    OK here's a question....

When TCPMP is playing, the only way to shut the screen off is to hit the power button, which shuts the sound off. Is there any form of a powersaver that can help shut down the screen and still play music?
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryrsng View Post
    OK here's a question....

When TCPMP is playing, the only way to shut the screen off is to hit the power button, which shuts the sound off. Is there any form of a powersaver that can help shut down the screen and still play music?

go to options/settings/selectpage/hotkeys/ then scroll down to screen on off and assign a key.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    HOLY CRAP!!! Thanks!!!
    OK here is another streaming question. As most people know, most pc players show the track title and artist name while the song is playing...Is there anyway to get TCPMP to do that? Or another alternative?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I use orb for streaming. works great and is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryrsng View Post
    OK here is another streaming question. As most people know, most pc players show the track title and artist name while the song is playing...Is there anyway to get TCPMP to do that? Or another alternative?
    You can click "audio" then "streams" in the TCPMP menu to see the stream name. But otherwise I haven't seen a way to scroll it on the screen either.

Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    I use orb for streaming. works great and is free.
    Where can I get it to try?
    And does it have a GOOD Equalizer?

TCPMP has a nice 10 BAND EQ and it makes it sound really, really good on a Palm treo with some GOOD headphones. I've never had a stand alone mp3 player sound this damn good.
    I just bought my kids them Zune Players. They don't even come CLOSE to sounding this good.
    gsplayer is the king of shoutcast and mp3 streaming. It was around long before TCPMP. It has more features than you will ever need on a mobile device.

You can get it here: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/