1.    #1  
    When my headset connects, it reduces the in call phone volume automatically to 80% from 100%. Is there a setting (other than using phoneAlarm or similar) that will allow me to always start with the in call phone volume at 100% and let me reduce it if required instead of having to increase it everyday?

Once I increase the volume between soft resets, it stays at 100%, but SPB Backup resets me everyday, so the first time I use my headset everyday I have to dig into my pocket while driving a manual to grab my phone and increase the volume since this volume setting can only be adjusted while on a call.
  2.    #2  
    bump
  3.    #3  
    bump
    Can't you raise the volume using your BT headset/earpiece instead of doing it on your Treo? I believe when I raise the volume on my Plantronics the volume slider indicator on the Treo actually increases. Not ideal but at least better than reaching for your Treo.

I am guessing that what you are experiencing is not troubling enough for anyone else out there to write some hack for it.

My other suggestion is one I am sure you have considered and decided against but why have the daily soft resets performed by spb backup? If your Treo isn't crashing regularly then why bother. If you have SPB backup you already have the ability to have a good starting point if you do have a lockup/crash. If your Treo is getting sluggish you might try using Memmaid and doing a quick clean up of your RAM periodically. I can recover at least 1 to 1 and a half megs about everytime I run it.--just a thought.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Can't you raise the volume using your BT headset/earpiece instead of doing it on your Treo? I believe when I raise the volume on my Plantronics the volume slider indicator on the Treo actually increases. Not ideal but at least better than reaching for your Treo.
    never realized it did that...thanks!

SPB backup does the soft resets on its own as part of the backup process and I like to tinker, so the daily backups keep me from having to backup before tweaking...I use memmaid as well.