1.    #1  
    OKay. I am new to the 700wx. I had a 650 for two years prior to this phone and I am getting used to the WM phone.

Now I know I can close an application with the OK button, but if I open the task manager it shows them as still running. My question is, is there a setting I can check to make sure that when I close an app it gets completely shut down? If there isn't, is there a small application or utility that can help with this?

Thank you in advance.
    There is no setting but there are many, many task manager applications available. I, personally, use David Andrs tMan which can be found here.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Great. Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Is there a specific reason you want to shut the application down? I know I'm in the incredibly small minority here, but I actually like the WM design of keeping apps running in the background rather than closing them. If you're not seeing any specific memory related problems, I would encourage you to let WM manage it's own memory and not rely on 3rd party tools to do it for you. (unless of course there's other features/benefits the tool gives you)

Just as a data point, I just let my 700wx do it's thing and I'm finding that I average about 1 month of uptime before something gets flaky and I need to soft reset it. (the flakiness may or may not be the result of memory problems) To me it's the same concept as a DVR: when it needs space, it will make space - don't waste your time managing it.
    Try "Magic button" It turns the x into a real X that closes the programs like it does in Windows. It also does more

http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

It works great for me about 98% of the time. The other 2% causes a weird issue every once in a while where I cant get back to the "today" screen. A soft reset takes care of it.
    You don't need a program or anything fancy. Simply hold the Ok button down for a few seconds. Then press Stop All.

Im shocked nobody mentioned it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    You don't need a program or anything fancy. Simply hold the Ok button down for a few seconds. Then press Stop All.

That's not what the OP asked for...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    tman looks interesting. Personally, I love quickmenu. It is a program that allows for closing apps, as well as having the OK button close the app instead of minimize (don't have to click on the screen, which is nice Also, it can select which apps to close, hide, ignore... as well as a cascading start menu, which is the best. I move all my shortcuts into one of 5 or 6 folders by category. Then when you click start, you can go programs -- then pick the folder. Easier to get to files (I try to keep it small per folder - maybe 5-10 shortcuts max). Also, is very, very customizable... And... Free

d/l from xda here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340352

the main website is chinese, so somewhat difficult to navigate if you don't speak the language.

Also attached here if you want
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #9  

I am aware of this. But it is kind of a pain to do that all of the time.

Ditto that.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    tman looks interesting. Personally, I love quickmenu. It is a program that allows for closing apps, as well as having the OK button close the app instead of minimize (don't have to click on the screen, which is nice Also, it can select which apps to close, hide, ignore... as well as a cascading start menu, which is the best. I move all my shortcuts into one of 5 or 6 folders by category. Then when you click start, you can go programs -- then pick the folder. Easier to get to files (I try to keep it small per folder - maybe 5-10 shortcuts max). Also, is very, very customizable... And... Free

d/l from xda here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340352

the main website is chinese, so somewhat difficult to navigate if you don't speak the language.

Also attached here if you want
    I cannot get the file to run on my treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    I cannot get the file to run on my treo.
    Which file did you download? There is an .exe file that installs through ActiveSync and there is a zipped .cab file which needs to be extracted and placed on the phone to run.

Also, a heads up... After upgrading to the latest build (0.9.9) I discovered that my keyguard was continuously getting disabled. Turning tMan off fixed the behavior so I've reverted back to build 0.9.8 and submitted a bug report to the developer.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

13.    #13  
    Well I looked at tman, Magic Button, and QUickMenu yesterday. QuickMenu is the hands down winner for me, if for no reason other than the cascading menus. Those are awesome and help when navigating to a specific program. It also works through the Start button, so I can run everything with one hand and not have to ever pull out the stylus. Bonus for me.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Which file did you download? There is an .exe file that installs through ActiveSync and there is a zipped .cab file which needs to be extracted and placed on the phone to run.

Also, a heads up... After upgrading to the latest build (0.9.9) I discovered that my keyguard was continuously getting disabled. Turning tMan off fixed the behavior so I've reverted back to build 0.9.8 and submitted a bug report to the developer.
    I got it working. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    I got it working. Thanks
    Any time.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Hi,
    I can't get my QuickMenu to actually close the programs, it's very frustrating. The checkbox is ticked in settings... Is there anything else I need to do?

//Nik
    I'm a Magic Button kind of guy too.
    I agree with letting the WX close what it needs. However, I saw somewhere that keeping Internet Explorer Open and Google Maps which keep connection to the internet is a lot of drain on the battery. I've always thought keeping the Camera application open would be a drain on the battery. These applications always show up in the running list even after leaving the programs. Should these be of a concern when leaving running if one is wanting to extend battery life??