1.    #1  
    I seem to get the following warning message when surfing on any website on my Treo 750v, WM6

"A script is causing the device to run slowly. If it continue to run, your device may become unresponsive".

Can anyone provide any tips to stop this happening?

Many thanks in advance.
    Can you give more information of what 3rd party software installed? Are you using the standing PIE?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    It is an issue with the weboages and your device sync than do a hard reset then re-sync.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies so far.. I haven't installed any new software recently and the problem has been there for 2+ months now.
    The 3rd party software I have installed is as follows:

1. TomTom Nav 6
    2. WebIS Pocket Informant 2007
    3. Efficasoft smartphone GPRS traffic monitor
    4. Trancreative magic button.

I don't know what PIE is??

webpages, probs is not when syncing.

Please help me
    try soft reset or forcing internet explorer closing
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by esamett View Post
    try soft reset or forcing internet explorer closing
    If only it was that simple
    PIE is Pocket Internet Explorer.

I think uninstalling all third party apps, soft resetting, then adding them back on one at a time might help figure out which one. If the problem persists, then hard reset and start over. It's the last resort but I think one of those programs corrupted something.

I've had similar happen(not exactly your problem though), but usually uninstalling the programs and resetting the phone work.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Well, I removed the GPRS counter and Magic Button and it still failing but more like 60% now. Don't want to uninstall Pocket Informant or Tom Tom, as i don't want to lose my setting etc...
    Is it possible to preserve your settings on the memory card? Or back them up on the computer? Something's corrupted or conflicting with another program, and it may be necessary to uninstall them anyway. Just to see what's wrong.

I know it sucks to uninstall, but 60% is still too high IMO. I don't know what your tolerance level is though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!