Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    If you use either which one do you like better and why?

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Agenda one is nice, but I found it took a long time for things to load. I like the telephone number in a calendar item being a clickable dial link.

I did not try Agenda Fusion.

I think the WX is to slow for AF.
    A1"the Best!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been using Agenda One since its version 1 release and I find it to be the best and easiest PIM program on the market.

Features
    - Smart interface
    - Easy to read layout
    - Views very customizable "is that a word?"
    - Great filters and great future task filters
    - Appointment & task templates rock
    - Update feature internal to the program
    - Start typing in text fields without selecting
    - Insert contact link for appointments and tasks
    - By pushing the center/action button on minutes they increase by 15 minutes for start time, end times and reminder times.
    - Just to name the top highlights

My Info:
    iMate 8502 WM6 AT&T
    2500+ contacts
    1000+ tasks
    200+ appointments

I have compared to the following and found these PIM's needed much work:
    - Agenda Fusion
    - Pocket Informant
    - Agendus
    - Papyrus (good program)
    - eXtreme Agenda
    - The new craze of touch type contact programs that are really bad at one handed dpad info.

Regards
    graylion
    Email Triage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Triage, what a great name.

Ever receive an email from your boss who has requested you come to a meeting at a certain time? Only problem is, the boss does not use the outlook appointments with email invites he just sends an email.

If only you could convert that email with subject line directly to a pocket outlook appointment.

Check this out:
    http://dalelane.co.uk/blog/?p=54

Using this WM5 or WM6 Email Triage program you can convert an email to an appointment or task. And next delete the email from you inbox. This helps you get to the goal of a zero count inbox.

Flexmail claims to offer this same feature and then when it does not work you are roped into buying Pocket Informant as well.

Seems like a simple feature that should be native. At least we are saved by the fans.

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    A1"the Best!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been using Agenda One since its version 1 release and I find it to be the best and easiest PIM program on the market.

My Info:
    iMate 8502 WM6 AT&T
    2500+ contacts
    1000+ tasks
    200+ appointments

I have compared to the following and found these PIM's needed much work:
    - Agenda Fusion
    - Pocket Informant
    - Agendus
    - Papyrus (good program)
    - eXtreme Agenda
    - The new craze of touch type contact programs that are really bad at one handed dpad info.

Regards
    I gotta ask. Can you define much work? And what version of each program are you basing this off of?

I would say most of your highlight checklist is covered by all of the programs listed.

[quote]
    Features
    - Smart interface - XA Has
    - Easy to read layout - XA Has
    - Views very customizable "is that a word?" - XA Has
    - Great filters and great future task filters - XA Has great Filters and can display by dates
    - Appointment & task templates rock - XA Has
    - Update feature internal to the program - XA Has
    - Start typing in text fields without selecting - XA Has
    - Insert contact link for appointments and tasks - XA Has
    - By pushing the center/action button on minutes they increase by 15 minutes for start time, end times and reminder times. - dont get how this is a top highlight, XA has custom incrementing too

So as is the case with these organizers, Id suggest you try the trials of all of the ones listed and see which one works best for you... I have bias too obviously but I would rather you decide...
    I will try the most recent version of eXtreme Agenda and provide you new feedback.

It is always a pleasure to try upgrades and new products.

Regards
    graylion
    I am viewing the task list and I am trying to group by catagory not priority. How do I do this?

Thanks
    graylion
    In contacts I have 2500+ contacts and I alooking to search as follows:

first initial
    space
    2 letters if last name

example searching for john smith
    j sm

This was a great feature from blackberry I am very important for 2500+ contacts on a QWERTY Bar device.

Thanks
    graylion
    Month view is nice
    Today view is nice

I need a little help with the center action button.
    In the today view I am looking the engage the contect menu using the center action button [long press] on a task I would like to complete not needing to go to the menu. Instead this engages the preview of the item. I understand if I hit the menu button then I can scroll to the options. If I hit Ok this minimizes the program instead of exiting the preview and takign me back to the today view. I understand that if I select Menu and Back this performs the same thing but 2 button pushes.

Same questions regarding task and the center action and ok buttons.

I am new to this device iMate 8502 coming from the Treo 750 so I may not be used to the hardware yet.

Your program have evolved very nicely fro where you started.

Regards
    Thanks
    Thanks
    graylion
    I have the group feature is the 1st sort which is very smart. I like this option. now I can not seem to get the date order to change accending/decending? I will play with it again tonight.

now is there a filter out future dates feature.this is hugh for having a team of 15 managers, 150 staff and a 1000 tasks.

Regards
    graylion
    Also I would like to mention that it is great that you have additional features built into your program making it a very attractive program

- Wallet (additional cost with other PIM's).
    - Notes (do these exchange sync, I am using task with a note catagory so that they wirelessly sync).

If you find any of my feedback useful I am happy to provide it. I am very paticular when dealing with software and device. I sometimes count the number of presses it takes me to perform a task. I also look for the best use of hardware and software, liek center action uttons, etc.

I have experienced this increased "ease of use" with Agenda One. I would also say that after this download and use your program has more features than A1.
    graylion
    OK I now confirm that the contact search works the way I was asking to drill down the list. A suggestion or recommendation would be to provide some on screen highlight that shows the typed letter highlighting over the current contact list so you can see if you what letters you are typing or when you mis type.

Now when I use the center actionmore command with the WM contact list or A1 list I have additional option like send contact sms/email based on the above mentioned program add on. This option does not appear under the more menu for contacts one eXtreme Agenda.

Hmmmm.

Regards
    graylion
    By the way your search is way faster than WM built in or Agenda One.

With a little hand holding I can be converted.

Regards
    graylion