Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Here is the website, http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprin...epclanding.asp. Use this email address, savings@sprintemi.com, or any other listed at the site below.

Go to this site to answer any questions, http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=526998.
    Just tryed the servo anyway and I am in an affliate market and can't take advantage of this program. to bad

Now back on topic, I really wonder if the Treo will have threaded text messaging like the 6.1 WM phones. I am holding out to purchase to see what it comes with. Is there major lag with 6.1? I know the 755p transitions quickly from program to program and threaded with instant so Iwonder if the windows version is the same?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    tritan, just in case for future reference, it is SERO (Sprint Employee Referral Offer), not SERVO

At this point I doubt Palm will add their own threaded app IF they release the 800w. It would be a little overkill...

The one plus thing from the WM6.1 is how it interacts with the .vol file that regular SMS uses. I know the Palm can be as easily backed up, however, from what I've read no way has been found to edit the Palm file on a PC.

Many people have a use for this feature...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    tritan, just in case for future reference, it is SERO (Sprint Employee Referral Offer), not SERVO

At this point I doubt Palm will add their own threaded app IF they release the 800w. It would be a little overkill...

The one plus thing from the WM6.1 is how it interacts with the .vol file that regular SMS uses. I know the Palm can be as easily backed up, however, from what I've read no way has been found to edit the Palm file on a PC.

Many people have a use for this feature...
    sorry

hmmm... so to take advantage I would have to get a treo on palm side of things for the great threaded sms.
    Tritan

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Well if the 800w comes with WM6 and the regular SMS way (Pocket Outlook), you can still install Cody's version of the Palm Threaded SMS ripped from the 750... since the 800w has a keyboard it should work very nicely on it

Heck... even I may get the 800w if all the rumors about the specs are true!
    This is what SMS-Chat looks like:

Smooth sliding between separate windows is provided. Everything can be done just by tapping screen with fingers. Do you still want to use the treaded sms client you are using now?
    SMS-Chat is the best sms client for threaded text messaging ever. Click to see.
    SMS-Chat doesn't integrate well with the the OS. WM6.1 is perfect because nothing needs to be running in the background.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Konstantink View Post
    This is what SMS-Chat looks like:

Smooth sliding between separate windows is provided. Everything can be done just by tapping screen with fingers. Do you still want to use the treaded sms client you are using now?
    SMS-Chat is the best sms client for threaded text messaging ever. Click to see.
    This program is a 3rd party app or is this come standard on WM? It looks good
    Tritan

Question is SMS-Chat layed out for one-handed, d-pad, softkey use?

If I have a choice I will never use a program that is not.

The only program I need to use the touch screen / stylus is Mocha VNC because of the nature of VNC.

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Question is SMS-Chat layed out for one-handed, d-pad, softkey use?

If I have a choice I will never use a program that is not.

The only program I need to use the touch screen / stylus is Mocha VNC because of the nature of VNC.

Regards
    SMS-Chat is a beautiful app and the animations just flows...

Having said that: No D-Pad support at all , not even scrolling

It's 100% touch. Why the couldn't do both is beyond me--there is not inherent reason why it cannot be done, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $We$ $should$ $all$ $petition$ $for$ $it$ $if$ $the$ $800w$ $solution$ $is$ &$quot$;$less$ $than$ $adequate$&$quot$;.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12