1.    #1  
    This may sound like a stupid question..
    But i don't want an internet browser on my device. I want to be able to email, use Google maps, weather-to-go, or any other program that uses data connection.. However i don't want an internet browser - its pointless since i don't live in an EVDO area. I dont want to rack up a data bill anyways..

So can anyone tell me how to remove IE from the device?
    There's no need to take off the browser app.

If you don't USE the browser, you won't USE up any data charges.

That's kind of like saying you don't want a high gasoline bill for you car, so you want to remove the gas tank. (as opposed to just not buying gas)

You do know that all those others apps you talked about - email, weather, Google Maps, etc - all use data, so...taking off IE is really pointless.

(by the way - I used to rock out with my Tama drum set to 2112, All the World's A Stage, etc).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    There's no need to take off the browser app.

If you don't USE the browser, you won't USE up any data charges.

That's kind of like saying you don't want a high gasoline bill for you car, so you want to remove the gas tank. (as opposed to just not buying gas)

You do know that all those others apps you talked about - email, weather, Google Maps, etc - all use data, so...taking off IE is really pointless.

(by the way - I used to rock out with my Tama drum set to 2112, All the World's A Stage, etc).
    JohnnyMac:
    I appreciate your response.. And I guessed that someone would make this type of reply. I do understand everything you mentioned. However, i still want to remove IE. I dont need any explanations as to why this does not make sense - i just need someone to tell me how to do it. Thanks!
    It's in the ROM - I don't think you'll be able to get it outta there.....
    You can hide the shortcut by going to \windows\start menu\programs and deleting or moving the shortcut.

Surur
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    You can hide the shortcut by going to \windows\start menu\programs and deleting or moving the shortcut.

Surur
    I had figured out how to do this.. I guess it cant be removed completely..
  7.    #7  
    Perhaps there is a hack for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    So can anyone tell me how to remove IE from the device?
    I'm sure it is not possible. However, you may not have thought about the uses of IE other than a live Internet connection. It is also used to display certain files you have saved on your device and/or storage card.

-Frank
    Not only is there no reason to remove it, there's no way to do it anyway on a treo. It's in the rom (not ram) so it takes up no storage space - if you were to be able to delete it you wouldn't gain any extra storage. Also, if you don't run it, it doesn't do anything, so just ignore it.

Bottom line - you can't.

And you can't remove it from the desktop OS (xp/vista/etc...) either