1.    #1  
    I bought a new Touch and now I need to sell the Treo. I haven't done the ESN swap yet, haven't even received the new phone yet but what do I need to do?

Does a hard reset clean out all my personal info? How do I do a hard reset?

How do I sell it as a "clean" ESN? when I swap ESN, does is "release" the Treo from the contract?

Thanks for any info.
    When you activate the new phone, the contract will be with the new phone. Therefore, there will be no way to activate your old phone back on your account, UNLESS you perform another ESN swap from your new phone (again) back to your old phone.

A hard reset will get rid of all the data on your old phone.
  3.    #3  
    But will the Treo be ready to be activated by any other person (buyer)?

And just to clarify, by doing an ESN swap, it does not extend my contract or change my SERO plan correct?

Thanks for the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
    But will the Treo be ready to be activated by any other person (buyer)?

And just to clarify, by doing an ESN swap, it does not extend my contract or change my SERO plan correct?

Thanks for the response.
    You should be okay with the SERO plan but they do get picky about it. As long as you're not going from a Sprint device to a Nextel or vice versa, it shouldn't change at all. I did a Sprint to Nextel and found that while they claim to be one company, they really aren't.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."