Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Has anyone used the pay as you go Treo 750 from ATT?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku1000168

If so, how does it work? Can you send and get email? How much does it cost to email?

Tim
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I don't see any mention of Pay-As-You-Go there, but the usual PAYG plan has a per-KB charge for data. The SIM from my wife's PAYG (Cingular GO) phone works in my Treo (though I did not actually make calls or use data when I tried it.)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yea, the correct Go-Phone link is this

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku1190012

You will notice that this link does not mention a "2yr contract".

I didn't read the details, I just am helping out with the correct link.

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Well, http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...ones/index.jsp discusses the PAYG plans but so far I have been unable to find any mention of data usage. Worse, when I log on to view the details of my wife's GO Phone plan, the page for the "plan details" is unavailable.

I suggest that you call AT&T to ask. Regardless, you will pay a per-KB data usage charge for all data use.
    I called them up. You can buy a $30 or $40 unlimited data Plan with no contract using the Pay as you go.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    $30 or $40 a month? I don't understand how this works with PAYG as this requires you to have a funded balance which decreases as you use the phone. Maybe with the "Pick your plan" no contract variant that would work.
    Maybe you need to prepay? I don't know. There was no option on the website but that is what the rep told me. In any case, it was $270 for a refurbed Treo 750 without a contract and a 90 day warranty. That is a pretty good price.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!!!!!! If you can put a data plan on the Pay as You go phone, them maybe you can put the media package on. The media package is unlimited data and 200 text messages. This would be great for a pay as you go phone.

Tim
    Last edited by Tim413; 02/15/2008 at 08:38 AM.
    What is the difference between the Media Package for $20 and the PDA personal for $30? If you can add the media package to a pay-as-you-go, why can't you use that on a 750 on a standard voice plan?

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    AT&T will tell you that the "media" packages are not for PDAs such as the Treo. It's largely an artificial distinction, but the idea is that the media plans are targeted to "phones" which use data incidentally, rather than PDAs that tend to be more data-intensive (especially for tethering). Many people successfully use the media plans with Treos, but there's always the spectre of being retroactively billed for data use.