Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was visiting the BOA website and saw this on their Mobile Banking list of supported devices:

Palm Centro / Gryphon
    Palm Treo 600
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 680
    Palm Treo 700p
    Palm Treo 700w
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Palm Treo 750
    Palm Treo 755p
    Palm Treo 800w <<<----

I guess we will be getting this sooner than later??
    lol, nice find...

Here's a screen cap:

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, nice find...

Here's a screen cap:

AWESOME!!!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    LOL someone at BofA is a Treo fan. I love how the 800w keeps popping up in random places - as long as they have nothing to do with Palm or one of the carriers.

That said, it's pretty progressive of the bank to support mobile devices officially (without forcing the user to modify their user-agent string).
    Who knows. Maybe BOA is testing the Treo 800W.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I wonder who make them put it there?
    Which smartphone is depicted in the pic? Is that the 800w?
    Check out what leadbyxampl has discovered in our forums: the Bank of America mobile banking site lists the devices that it's compatible with. It's standard fare ...except that they list support for the Treo 800w. Now, this sort of “leak” happens quite a bit and it's no confirmation of anything (not that we need it, we know the Treo 800w is coming). Well, ok, it might be a confirmation that the 800w is coming “soonish” -- the listing gets a little extra street cred for correctly identifying the internal code name for the PalmOS Centro. If they're “in-the-know” enough to call the Centro a “Gryphon,” perhaps their listing of the 800w isn't just some hopeful bank teller.

Maybe folks entering in the Rumortastic 800w Giveaway want to give Bank of America a call? (Hint: that's a joke.)

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...eals_800w.html
    Nice find!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Which smartphone is depicted in the pic? Is that the 800w?
    Nope, that's just a random phone. The best picture of the 800w was leaked by Bill Gates himself:

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/wm..._gates_ke.html
    We should all send this in to engadget, cnet or some large blog site and see what really happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    We should all send this in to engadget, cnet or some large blog site and see what really happens?
    lol, they'll think we're obsessive wackos...

Tomorrow's lead story is going to be how I saw the 800 burned into my toast this morning.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    "Tomorrow's lead story is going to be how I saw the 800 burned into my toast this morning. "

He He, You guys are obssessed.
    I have been also, I confess. I do so badly want to leave Palm OS, but very reluctant to leave Palm. Other offerings from HTC - WM look very inviting
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    "Tomorrow's lead story is going to be how I saw the 800 burned into my toast this morning. "

He He, You guys are obssessed.
    I have been also, I confess. I do so badly want to leave Palm OS, but very reluctant to leave Palm. Other offerings from HTC - WM look very inviting
    Agree, Palm OS is great....but its just about dead. There will likely be no more Palm OS Treos. The Treo 800w might come before the Verizon Touch. I talked to a VZW salesman yesterday. His regional president was walking around with a white Touch. He said it looked, well, sleek. But....it won't come till June. This might mean that the 800w might come out *before* the Touch. So VZW will have 2 smartphones in the next few months, the white colored Touch and the 800w. If they both have GPS I will likely get the Touch because of smaller size, easier to carry/pocket, and I'm used to my Palm without a keyboard anyhow.....instead of Graffiti I'll get used to a virtual keyboard. I've been through 2 versions of Graffiti, the original and the next version. So what's the problem learning a virtual keyboard like Touchpal?
    Roger
    Yeah, I went back and forth about front-paging this one. But I figured it was fun and, yes, I'm absolutely obsessed with the 800w. Since the Drucker is SO far out in the future AND AT&T has apparently decided my city is too hicksville to bring 3G to... switching back to sprint is tempting to say the least.

...Which, if I wanted to port my #, would mean I've paid cancellation fees to Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T in the past year and a half.

Maybe I'll have to get a 2nd number... but I really really am resisting being that guy who carriers around 2 phones.

But the 800w, I wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
    If they both have GPS I will likely get the Touch because of smaller size, easier to carry/pocket, and I'm used to my Palm without a keyboard anyhow.....instead of Graffiti I'll get used to a virtual keyboard. I've been through 2 versions of Graffiti, the original and the next version. So what's the problem learning a virtual keyboard like Touchpal?
    Roger
    If you are a graffiti expert you would be happy to know WM has a soft input panel which emulates graffiti version 1 relatively closely. Its called block recogniser.

I just tried it out, and despite it being more than 6 years since I used a PalmOS device the graffiti skills are still

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    If you are a graffiti expert you would be happy to know WM has a soft input panel which emulates graffiti version 1 relatively closely. Its called block recogniser.

I just tried it out, and despite it being more than 6 years since I used a PalmOS device the graffiti skills are still

Surur
    When the various options for soft keyboard input fail me on the touch, I go back to that block input. It's so much better than the crap Grafitti2 that Palm had to switch to after their xerox lawsuit.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    It needs to come soon. I must check this site 10 times a day to see if there is any news. My 700p won't charge the battery anymore so I have to use my old 650 to charge a battery and switch them out in the morning. I need this phone! I actually almost ended up with a Mogul this weekend because I couldn't wait anymore, but the ebay seller backed out. I just need to last a little longer... (please Palm/Sprint, hurry up)
    Other than the 800w being on the list, I had no idea they supported my Blackjack. I have a credit card with them so this is good news.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'm absolutely obsessed with the 800w. Since the Drucker is SO far out in the future
    Just clarifying your thoughts here, Dieter. My understanding is that the Drucker will simply be the GSM version of the 800w. Does that sound about right? Some folks talk about them like they're completely different phones, but I find that unlikely. Assuming the Vodaphone product map was correct, we'd be looking at the Drucker on ATT sometime in July - right?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast