Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My problem requires that your WM phone is A2DP capable and that you have a A2DP bluetooth headset. Connect the two and play music through the headset (any player software). Now, turn the headset off (to emulate the headset disconnecting at random times). What happens? The music comes out of the phone's speaker. Not very pleasant when you're in a quiet environment. Unfortunately my environment is not too wireless friendly at times and likes to disconnect BT devices.

First one to suggest a fix that works gets $10 from me via paypal. Fix must not involve button pushing (as the phone would be in my bag) or some convoluted profile scheduling with comm manager pro. Ideally the fix would mute the speaker as soon as the A2DP headset is disconnected.
    Presumably you could have a mortscript loop every 5 seconds and check if A2DP was disconnected, and then mute the sound.

Surur
    Yeah, I think surur might have the best option - I don't know that there's a way to dig into the OS to just turn off the speaker yet leave ad2- audio on...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Presumably you could have a mortscript loop every 5 seconds and check if A2DP was disconnected, and then mute the sound.
    Excellent idea.. this is what I've written up so far-

# BTSpeaker.mscr
    #
    # Turns speaker OFF (mute) if headset is NOT connected.
    # Turns speaker back ON upon exiting WMP.
    #
    #

While ( 1 )

Call ReadBTHeadsetStatus

If (BTState = 1)
    SetVolume ( 255 )
    EndIf

If (BTState = 0)
    SetVolume ( 0 )
    EndIf

If (procExists ( "wmplayer.exe" ) = FALSE)
    SetVolume ( 255 )
    KillScript ( "BTSpeaker.mscr" )
    EndIf

Sleep( 1000 )

EndWhile

Sub ReadBTHeadsetStatus
    BTState = RegRead("HKLM","System\State\Hardware","Handsfree")
    EndSub

I'm a bit of a noob at this, do I put the killscript in the loop or outside of it?
    Use TCPMP instead (which is free and better than WMP anyway). It won't autoroute back to the speaker if you turn off the headset

Only negative is that it doesn't support AVCRP but it's purchasable brother CorePlayer 1.2 does..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."