1.    #1  
    I tried to search for an answer (particularly in the faq and such and found nothing

I am trying to see how to disable all of the sound notifications on the 700wx - well not all, but in particular, when you insert/remove the sd card, when you hit send, and when you dial (I noticed you had the choice of short or long tones for that, but not none as I had on my old phone).

I don't want to deselect notifications totally in sounds & notifications, since I still want notification for email/text, but any thoughts? Not sure where to look in the registry for those sounds.

Thanks all Just joined here recently due to getting a 700wx. Lots of good info - kudos to all the work to those here. Had it only briefly so far, but definitely has a lot of nice features. The old still has a few too, so still uncertain which will win in the end (though it's looking very much like the treo)...
  2.    #2  
    Someone has to have some idea. I don't want to just disable all notification sounds, then I won't get email/text notifications. However, I'd like to turn off the soudns when you insert/remove the sd card, and dial/hangup the phone......

Anyone??
    I haven't tried it but it popped into my head.
    Can you make a new sound that is very short and quiet, if not completely silent, and then just assign that sound to the things you for which you don't want an audible confirmation?
  4.    #4  
    I can't find where they are configured, that's the issue... In the notifications section, I don't have options for any of them It only allows you to select long to short tones in the phone controls - my old one had an option for none. Nothing there

If there's a reg change I can make, that would be fine I could even just make a cab installer for it when I hard reset...
  5.    #5  
    The sounds for tie dial/end call is dpadctl.mid. Since it's in ROM it can't be changed.

HOWEVER Here are some reg entries you folks might be interested in:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ending]
    "Sound"="*none*"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Dialing]
    "Sound"="*none*"

The Sound key was dpadctl.mid. It has to be changed to *none* (when you change it enter the asterisks, but not the quotes).
    Also:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume\ChargerDisconnectSound]
    "File"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume\ChargerConnectSound]
    "File"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume\SDRemoveSound]
    "File"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume\SDInsertSound]
    "File"=""

The items are pretty self-evident. They used to be File= some random file (can't be modified from Sounds&Notifications that I could find). You can either change the sound to another file, or just delete it as I have done. The End and Dial sounds MUST have the *none* in it. If it is blank it will just change it back to the default.

There are a bunch more sounds in this place in the reg. I didn't want to change the dtmf sounds since it might impact sending dial sounds in a call. Also, I didn't turn off the dial sounds on the dial pad since I use the dialer from the today screen and it doesn't make sounds there.

If anyone else finds this useful (I really don't like lots of extraneous sounds - it bugs me) then that's terrific. Feel free to use. I love tinkering