Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    So I have seen a lot of phones that offer many of features that smartphones such as the Treo offer but don't have all of the same features inclusive of say for example the Blackberry or the Verizon Voyager. What I still don't understand it what really categorizes the differences between a "smartphone" and others that essentially seem to have many of the same features? For example, if it was the Windows operating system this wouldn't make sense because the 700wx uses wm while the 755 does not and yet they are both smartphones.
    My opinion is that the concept of 'Smartphone' is one of being able to use the device in a manner similar to a computer. For instance, the ability to install applications and make customizations to the UI.

Also, it is important to note that devices like the Treos are PDA phones and are a converged device (PDA and phone together) where as units like the Motorola Q are 'Smartphones' and don't offer as much power or as many features.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of phones I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the media phones involved in this case is not that.

Surur