Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I have no idea where this program popped up in the English version for WinMob, but WMTreo users rejoice! This is the greatest program I've set eyes on in a long, long time... UltimateLaunch gives you a set of tab screens on your today screen, much like HTC home or others... only it is the most customizable plugin I've ever seen. You can take current today plugins and put them on any page, you can add icons, you can customize gestures. The menu is cut off, but all of the options I need I have access to...
    You must try this before you give the "I've tried stuff like this before" comment. My bottom half of my Today screen is the speed dial, messaging plugin, and shortcut to PocketCM, but when I swipe my hand across that part, is rotates like the HTC cube (on just the bottom half of the screen) to a new side! Amazing... make it your whole screen, or a certain part... I'll post screenshots tomorrow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: Some have asked for a tutorial... well, due to the massive amount of options on this program, I made a few quick walkthroughs that you might want to try before totally giving up on the program. Just play around with the settings... you may find an option you'd really like!
    I suggest going through the few things I show how to do to get a feel for the software, then customize to your liking

My Tutorial:

http://geekstuff.890m.com/treo/ultutorial.html

Oh, & I am also known as xd1936... I didn't steal this, made 100% by me
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LLC23; 02/14/2008 at 09:22 PM.
    LongLivePalm
    This is one interesting app. Only problem is when I press contacts I get a pop up that won't allow me to access it.

Other than that, a good find.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Can you switch pages by pressing a hardware button?

The trial I downloaded seems to not be optimized for 240x240 screens....the plugin itself fits, but the settings pages are too big and I can't see the settings at the bottom of the page.
    I use spb Pocket Plus for my tabbed interface. There are one or two other choices, too.

See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...pb#post1211094

I have since made it even better with small icons for the tabs and 10 tabs across, each can hold up to 14 icons with titles - without needing to scroll, ever.

That's 140 icons available easily, all with one-handed operation.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    This is one interesting app. Only problem is when I press contacts I get a pop up that won't allow me to access it.

Other than that, a good find.
    You can map it to the contacts exe though. Get PocketCM anyway, the Windows Mobile contacts sticks on ice
    http://www.pocketcm.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    The trial I downloaded seems to not be optimized for 240x240 screens....the plugin itself fits, but the settings pages are too big and I can't see the settings at the bottom of the page.
    Yeah, the settings isn't all the way shown, but it's WAY worth it for me. Before, I had the scrollbar, but now look:

Don't mind the scrollbar that's now there, that's just 'cause screencapture puts itself in the tray. It's usually so incredibly flawless
    LongLivePalm
    I deleted it. Doesn't really support Treo screen. Mine kept saying "not activated" around the Today Screen icons. Using 12345 worked but I had to do it often. This app isn't for me. I can get to thingd faster with SPB Mobile Shell.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I understand about the features thing, but you can buy this software. It's 10 Euro http://pocketland.de/39534/UltimateL...bbea8474956206
    LongLivePalm
    When I downloaded this from a site it said there is no difference in features from the free to paid version. Is there'e any way around the screen size issue or talk of a different version?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    The only reason to pay for this program is to get rid of the words "Not Activated" that periodically pop up. They are the same program, and what I gave you is a full, never-ending version of the program.
    LongLivePalm
    I think this may be what I was looking for, but I don't know how to set this up. If anyone wants to help me out I would really appreciate it
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Download and install the cab...
    Open file explorer and go to Program Files > UltimateLaunch and Click on the only program there, UltimateLaunchConfig.exe...
    From there, you can create and remove tabs, Adjust the size and animation of Ultimatelaunch, ect...
    If you want to move it up or down on your today screen, then you can move it like any other today plugin in the today settings.
    LongLivePalm
    I installed it and everything, I just don't know how to customize it. I want to be able to pick which icons show up and what is on each cube.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Yeah, that's under the config. You can shrink the tab size to zero even, like I did! Add unique icons to each tab, change program icons, ect. Just go to

File explorer and go to Program Files > UltimateLaunch and Click on the only program there, UltimateLaunchConfig.exe
    LongLivePalm
    I don't think im explaining it very well. I dont know how to choose which icons are displayed on each tab. for example I want my email and text, and maybe internet or something to show up on one tab, big calender like you have on the other, things like that
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Hmm... well, on the first page of the config, you have the ability to manage your tabs. The default is like... 8 tabs or something.You can add, change and delete those tabs to your liking. Tap "change" with a tab selected to choose what's on that tab... I persoanlly suggest deleting every tab and selecting "New". Just create a new tab, and customize it, with whatever you want to put on it.
    Would you all like me to make a tutorial?
    LongLivePalm
    A tutorial would be great. I got as far as you explained but couldn't figure which file to select in order to have all my speed dials on one tab. Ideally I would like to have my tabs as follows.

1. Speed Dials
    2. Weather Panel
    3. Calender
    4.Various apps:
    *Camera
    *WM Player
    *Google Maps
    * etc.

Also, I thought I downloaded some Icon sets but when I went to asign them they all had the default window looking Icon in the preview section.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Working on it now... I'll update first post and this one when I'm finished
    EDIT: Alright! Check the first post for tutorial!
    Last edited by LLC23; 02/14/2008 at 03:11 PM.
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Sorry about that being down for a bit... it's up and running now
    LongLivePalm
    I'm on the fence about downloading this... some concerns I have are: how often do you have to input the code to keep it going, and does the non240x240 setting make that big of a difference? I really want to download this, but that's whats keeping me from doing it. anybody willing to sway me to one side or the other?
    Great Guide, it took me a while to figure out what I was doing, but I think I have the hang of it. I just have a few questions: How do I add internet explorer to a tab, where do you get that calender, and is there a weather app I can get on one of the tabs?

Edit: just found something else, I got an email and there is no notification of it when I have just the picture of the envelope, any way to change this? and sorry for all the questions
    Last edited by mturner2; 02/15/2008 at 01:49 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast