1.    #1  
    Hi. I'm a Treo owner who has never used the Windows Mobile operating system. I've owned a 650 and a 755p.

After hearing about the 750's simultaneous voice and data feature, I thought that was TREMENDOUS and would catapult it to the front of the pack! Somehow, though, I almost never hear anything about the simultaneous voice and data feature. Heck, even Dieter's review of the 750 barely mentioned the option and I don't believe it was listed in his list of pro's and con's.

So what I'm wondering is if the option is less impressive (or less available) than it sounds. (For that matter, I'm wondering why it's not been a feature in subsequent Treo models.)
    Last edited by west3man; 02/11/2008 at 05:31 PM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I think it is great. It's come in handy several times. Especially when you talk on speakerphone and use email at the same time.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    I think it is great. It's come in handy several times. Especially when you talk on speakerphone and use email at the same time.
    Is it only available in certain areas of town or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Is it only available in certain areas of town or something?
    Its only when you are on 3G (UMTS and HSDPA), which is not rolled out very much in USA.

Surur
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its only when you are on 3G (UMTS and HSDPA), which is not rolled out very much in USA.

Surur
    Ahh. So buying this model for the voice/data feature would be a mistake unless you're okay with very limited "simultaneous" coverage.
    Ahh. So buying this model for the voice/data feature would be a mistake unless you're okay with very limited "simultaneous" coverage.
    Unless you are on AT&T and you know the areas you frequent most have good coverage of course. Apparently AT&T is also getting more aggressive in their 3G roll-out this year.

Surur
    If you're in a major city you probably have it already.
    Most top 50 metro areas have 3g coverage available. Simulatenous voice/data comes in hand most of the time for me. There have been several occasions where I've had work email show up on my phone while I'm talking on my bluetooth headset and I was able to talk to the person on the other end while reading/sending the email to the person who sent it to me.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Here's your 3G coverage list. It's growing rapidly.

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverage.../popUp_3g.html
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    I think it is great. I can be on the phone for quite a long time sometimes using my car kit or headset and it is great to see emails show up. Often times I have been talking to someone and re-sent or forwarded an email I want to discuss without having to hang up.

I wouldn't call it critical but it is certainly a nice feature.

Just remember to turn off your email notification (either ring or vibrate) if you hold the Treo to you ear because it can be annoying to have the phone ring or vibrate in your ear when you get an email. Unfortunately the Treo does not have a feature to allow you to disable notifications while talking on the phone--too bad.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB