1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to reflash wm6 on the AT&T palm treo 750. I tried using the installer application but it return a message saying that I have already installed this version or have a newer version install. I want to reinstall because after I upgraded to wm6 the phone keeps searching for my network. I must say that during the install I might have move the sync cable during the install thus maybe corrupting some files.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Impossible and if files were corrupted the treo would not work at all
    Use the SD card method.

Quote Originally Posted by cool5404 View Post
    Does anyone know how to reflash wm6 on the AT&T palm treo 750. I tried using the installer application but it return a message saying that I have already installed this version or have a newer version install. I want to reinstall because after I upgraded to wm6 the phone keeps searching for my network. I must say that during the install I might have move the sync cable during the install thus maybe corrupting some files.
    Absolutely try the SD card method. I have had to do it twice now. Works like a charm.
    I have an upgraded Treo 750v. I tiried upgrading to Treo 750 WM6 using SD, I got an error message. Any suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I have an upgraded Treo 750v. I tiried upgrading to Treo 750 WM6 using SD, I got an error message. Any suggestion?
    Hehe... It might help if you gave the error message. Here's a few common mistakes for folks updating this way..

Make sure the card is SD. The bootloader does not recognize SDHC cards (but WM6 OS will following the upgrade.)

Put the SD card in your computer and use windows to format it as FAT32. The bootloader won't take any other format.

The ONLY file that needs to be on the SD card is the rom image, CHEEIMG.nbh. If you have the windows installer, you'll have to extract the rom file.

I'll send you a PM with links to an Unbranded WM6 rom that you can use either way.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    You can also use desktop updater with editing payloads.xml (as I did last days)....
    Quote Originally Posted by miloszz View Post
    You can also use desktop updater with editing payloads.xml (as I did last days)....
    Please advise me how to change the payloads.xml.
  9. jsy
    have you try to change your SIM card with a new one? because I'm kind of in the same boat with you right now. I've 2 mobile numbers, the new one can't be used with my 750v, it keeps looping wondering searching for network.
    but when I switch the SIM card with my old one in my 650.. voila, less than 1 minutes, my 750 is able to have some signal, altough with a triangle roaming sign that cannot be removed.

i have to say, Treo 650 is more stable and reliable, the new SIM card can be used in my old 650 now.
    could you also send the link to me. i did the upgrade back in Aug, and don't know if i have the latest version.

Thanks.
  11. B-4
    I need to reflash my treo 750 aswell, I am having trouble with the sound when typing out sms messages and a few other issues.
    This all happened when I upgraded to mobile 6, Australian Telstra version, but my phone is unlocked.

Thanks for any help.
    test
    Proud Owner of a Palm Treo 650 Black Tie (:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Here's how to do edit the payload.xml:

1) Launch desktop updater (Dont click start yet)
    2) Go to your temp folder by typing temp% on your run command console.
    3) Locate payload XML file.(can be found in odd numbered folder)
    4) Open XML File with notepad exe.
    5) Replace RWE with your current carrier
    6) Replace low 1.16 to eg; 1.12
    7) Replace high 1.16 to eg; 2.31
    8) click file SAVE.
    9) Exit the explorer window.
    10) Click start on the updater and it will run through the final stage.
    11) No more unsupported device message!

You can now use the official palm desktop updater to reflash, upgrade or downgrade your ROM by simply doing the steps above.
    Proud Owner of a Palm Treo 650 Black Tie (:
    ---------------------------------------------------