Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I have a friend who keeps forgetting to take her meds throughout the day as she gets busy at work and school. I am looking for a way to schedule SMS messages to her three times a day to remind her. Is there a way to do that within the 700wx or with a peice of add on software? I've found plenty of websites that let you schedule an SMS, but none seem to allow for a recurrence.

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I did this last month using my Google email and Google calendar account. My son required medicine 3 times a day. I wanted to make sure both my wife and I both got reminders on our Centros.

I set up 3 recurring events on Google Calendar (1 at 7AM, 1 at 4PM and 1 at 9PM). I set them to repeat daily.

I also added "a reminder" of the type "email" to each event. This will cause Google Calendar to send an email reminder to my Google email account.

Back in Google email I created a filter. It looked for that email and forwarded to both of our SprintPCS contacts (i.e. <cell phone number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com. They were showing up on both of our phones as messages and causing the phones to ring.

I think this is a good way to setup reminders on multiple phones all at the same time. I do the same thing on both our phones every Sunday morning -- 'turn off ringer before church'

Does this make sense?

I am sure this probable a better way on a Windows Mobile device, but I use a Palm based Centro (On the Centro you could use the free program Diddlebug)
    Hrmm, this sounds pretty interesting. Can this be done via Exchange or Outlook?
    What happens if the SMS doesn't get received? Why not just get an alarm program? I use Sbp Time and set alarms for simple daily reminders.
    Is there a way to do this with Outlook/Exchange? I tend not to hear my reminders anymore (I have blocked them out). I rarely get a text message so that reminder I actually hear.
    With Sbp Time, it doesn't matter what your device volume is set to. It will sound off even the volume is low, unfortunately, it will not work if the sound is turned of with that little switch on top.