1.    #1  

Well check it out, our little free PointUI got itself a bit of a makeover (see previous review here)! Still free and still zippy (even more so now), the little Aussie program has all sorts of fixes and additions, including Smartphone (WM Standard) support. Yowza!

So what has changed, read on to check out a brief overview plus some thoughts and a couple of pics...

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/po...updatenow.html
    I've got PointUI on my Kaiser, but I dont run it by default. While its nice and has a lot of eye candy, I dont feel it has made me any more efficient, ie navigating around my phone does not feel any faster at all. I think AEButton Plus has actually done a lot more for me than PointUi will ever do.

Surur
    Now that I'm using the Touch I'm going to give it a try. Sprint COMPLETELY RUINED TouchFLO2 by loading it up with their crap apps instead of the defaults. Now I have to go hunting around for the hacks to manually edit TouchFLO.

...or I could ditch touchflo altogether and just use PointUI, which is the direction I'm leaning right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I've got PointUI on my Kaiser, but I dont run it by default. While its nice and has a lot of eye candy, I dont feel it has made me any more efficient, ie navigating around my phone does not feel any faster at all. I think AEButton Plus has actually done a lot more for me than PointUi will ever do.

Surur
    Couple of things:
    • For "advanced users", I see PointUI as more limiting and probably not the best direction to go in as those users tend to know best what they want and how to get it
    • At least on the Mogul, it seemed to run way slower than on my 700wx. I attribute that to both memory and the direct draw issue as the Mogul's graphics were just choppy. On my 700wx, it is so smooth on the graphic changes--it's quite stunning.
    • I actually use AEButton+, PointUI and SPB Mobile Shell all together with 30mb of RAM left and love the combo and performance. I prefer SPB's Start Menu to PointUI's program launcher.

omg I need a coffee as I can't type today...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    will not work in landscape mode on blackjack,anyone else have this problem
    I have been working with Pointui on my Treo 700WX for some time now. It has a long way to go. I have found the 102b version working the best with my phone. When a call comes in or I call out, the default window comes up, and I have to manually reset the Pointui home screen. If you go to thier web site you can see all the problems they are having with it.