1.    #1  
    Hi,

I keep having PIE shut itself down & its not from a lack of memory. I have the WX & when it shuts down I still have 30 megs of ram free. This is a 'new' refurb & I am wondering if it has some issue.

PIE crashes at least 5-10 times per day. Its very annoying indeed.

I guess I need to swap it out but how many refurbs can you get before VZW gets stingy?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Any particular site you are visiting when this happens? Did you try clearing out your cache in case there is a corruption there?
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    That is a very good suggestion I clean the files (including cache) out all the time. Another thing to check is if there are any auto-updating apps on your phone. I find that occasionally WP will get stuck in an update loop, or not connect at all, and then other times my PIE will close like yours untill I reset. I am not saying one is causing the other, but it may be something to watch for.
    Did you happen to use any hack to put anything on the card (cache, etc.). If so, over time, that will cause crashes.

All my frequent PIE crashes ceased when I removed those hacks.
    Ever since the SMS threaded hack my IE will sometimes crash. Its not very often so I deal with it.

Its probably from a hack or 3rd party app.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6.    #6  
    Im thinking about doing a hard reset. The web pages I goto, sometimes crash it, sometimes they dont. I can go to the same page a few times & its fine, other times it is a problem.

This is a 'new' refurb so I will it another try when I get a few hours to kill with a reinstall.
    Mine used to crash on every first page I would load. Then I would restart and it would work fine. Turned out that it was because I had installed TCPMP and FlashVideoBundle to the storage card. I moved it to device and now it works great.
  8.    #8  
    I have that same config currently on my storage card.

Did you just uninstall & reinstall on your internal storage ?
    That's exactly the same problem I was having. uninstall it from storage and install both flashvideo and tcpmp on main memory. My problems with PIE crashing vanished!
    My PIE is bam bam, no worries here.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....