Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had my 700wx since it came out, and while I still really like it's imap email feature and web browsing gets me by, it seems like a brick in my pocket compare to newer phones. I would also like a better camera / blogging device like the Nokia n95 - but with a keyboard.

So, our phones are getting pretty old, it doesn't seem like I'm missing anything with WIN Mobile 6, and the new Palm OS isn't scheduled until 2009... What new phone are you considering (if any) and why?

I would buy an iPhone, but imap email and bluetooth connectivity for high speed data connection with other mobile devices is a concern. I'm currently with Sprint as they had the 700wx first, but I'd really like to switch back to Verizon as they have the best coverage in my area....but unfortunately the slowest to come out with new phones.

Sorry if this subject has been covered recently...I looked at the first few pages and didn't find anything. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    recently did a hard reset and got rid of all SW installled cept Google maps and went for PDANet.

Gonna learn the basics and make a go of it basically stripped.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    I'm due for my new phone this month and after about a month of comparison, I'm probably going to go with the Verizon VX6800 (Mogul) over the Samsung i7600.

I currently have a Treo 700w and while it's been a pretty good phone, the memory deficiencies are driving me crazy anymore.

I'd like to wait for the 800w to come out, but I don't know how much longer I can wait on not having some apps that would make my WM experience more enjoyable.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber75sax View Post
    I'm due for my new phone this month and after about a month of comparison, I'm probably going to go with the Verizon VX6800 (Mogul) over the Samsung i7600.

I currently have a Treo 700w and while it's been a pretty good phone, the memory deficiencies are driving me crazy anymore.

I'd like to wait for the 800w to come out, but I don't know how much longer I can wait on not having some apps that would make my WM experience more enjoyable.
    I have the 700w to and waiting for the 800w to come out. I looked into the 6800 and it looks great but, I think I'm going to wait for the 800w to come out in march I think.
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    I have mentioned it before in other threads, but I will chime in as well...I am sticking with my WX until the 800W is out. The forecast is sunny with that device...larger screen, good memory, wi-fi, GPS....sounds like it will have it all....well worth the wait in my book!!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I too have been waiting to see the new treo 800w but am not sold on the look from what i have seen, am considering the Verizon VX6800 (Mogul) anyone know from experience about this one? think it will suit my needs just on the fence right now...................
    800w or bust!

Meanwhile, I still like my 700wx better than anything else on the market right now, regardless of price.

-Frank
    I would like the 700wx if you could upgrade to AKU3. Is that possible?
    I'm with Frank. The 700wx has been a work horse for me. I ditched it for 3 months for the Mogul only to come crawling back. Memory issues and terrible battery life was the killer. The Treo does it all for me. Yeah it may look ancient but I don't care. I need function over form right now.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I also had an affair with a Motorola Q9m for a few months.. Just to come running back to the Treo 700wx.. I am anxiously awaiting the 800w and will not even think of trying another device until then..
    I have a coworker that is using a Touch by HTC. He's fairly happy with it:

Pluses:
    • Using Windows Mobile 6.0
    • Touchscreen functionality similar to iPhone
    • Very tight screen resolution
    • No third party software required for Phone as Modem, uses "Internet Sharing" function of WM 6.0
    • Smaller and sexier looking

Minuses:
    • Battery life (can't use phone as modem all 8 hours of the day without being plugged in for recharge)
    • Touch screen and stylus tap not nearly as sensitive as the 700wx
    • Bells and whistles of 3D menu system unique to the phone makes overall operation fairly complex.
    • Occasional locked memory issues
    • Bluetooth not as reliable, needs re-pairing with headsets and computer frequently.

I'm hanging on to my 700wx and guarding it from my coworker's envious paws. I'll keep my eyes open for a newer phone that works as well. the 700wx may be missing the "cool factor" that his Touch has, but I make a good living with my phone and can't give up its solid functionality. And I'm one of the fortunate ones, the Bluetooth connections on my phone are solid and never need resetting.

Sprint works well in my area. Additionally, Sprint is putting in repeaters at the client site where I spend most of my time so switching to another plan isn't necessary.
    Motorcyclists understand why dogs hang their heads out of the car window.
    I'm on VZW and there's no way I'm waiting until the end of the year to replace my 700w with the 800w. I'm going to at least give the Touch a 30 day trial when it comes out (apparently sometime in the next 6 weeks) and if I don't like that it's bye bye VZW and hello iPhone2!

VZW's current crop of PDA phones is pathetic. It's either buy a BB (no thanks), something based on the ancient Palm OS, or buy a sluggish, underpowered WM slider device. I do like the versatility of WM6 so hopefully the Touch will suit my needs, but I'm a bit pessimistic to say the least. I have a feeling I'll be seeing AT&T charges on my credit card within 6 months.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    How come no provider has nice new phones? everything is big and bulky or slow and lagging? Seems like it is taking forever for ALL providers to have nice phones.

I am waiting for the next gen iphone. I got suckered into Sprint's SERO but I don't care, I would like a nice sleek phone. I'm tired of the 700wx as well (only had it for 8 months).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I have a coworker that is using a Touch by HTC. He's fairly happy with it:

Pluses:
    • Using Windows Mobile 6.0
    • Touchscreen functionality similar to iPhone
    • Very tight screen resolution
    • No third party software required for Phone as Modem, uses "Internet Sharing" function of WM 6.0
    • Smaller and sexier looking

Minuses:
    • Battery life (can't use phone as modem all 8 hours of the day without being plugged in for recharge)
    • Touch screen and stylus tap not nearly as sensitive as the 700wx
    • Bells and whistles of 3D menu system unique to the phone makes overall operation fairly complex.
    • Occasional locked memory issues
    • Bluetooth not as reliable, needs re-pairing with headsets and computer frequently.

I'm hanging on to my 700wx and guarding it from my coworker's envious paws. I'll keep my eyes open for a newer phone that works as well. the 700wx may be missing the "cool factor" that his Touch has, but I make a good living with my phone and can't give up its solid functionality. And I'm one of the fortunate ones, the Bluetooth connections on my phone are solid and never need resetting.

Sprint works well in my area. Additionally, Sprint is putting in repeaters at the client site where I spend most of my time so switching to another plan isn't necessary.
    I am currently IN LOVE with my Touch (coming from a 700wx). The size was a big factor, that and battery life, larger/clearer screen (Slingbox!!) not taking anything from the 700wx it was very good to me, but I just like the Touch way better.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Those of you using the touch coming from the wx...how's the keyboard on the touch? How long did it take you to get used to it?

I am looking to replace my 700wx with something and am debating between the 6800 from vzw, or wait for the touch, or wait even longer for the 800w.

Any thoughts on that? My main concerns with the 6800 is the size and honestly I hate the blue color. I'm not too sure about the slider kb too.

As for the touch I'm worried about the Keyboard, and the UI.

I would love for someone to "sell" me on one of those devices. Thanks guys.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    Those of you using the touch coming from the wx...how's the keyboard on the touch? How long did it take you to get used to it?

I am looking to replace my 700wx with something and am debating between the 6800 from vzw, or wait for the touch, or wait even longer for the 800w.

Any thoughts on that? My main concerns with the 6800 is the size and honestly I hate the blue color. I'm not too sure about the slider kb too.

As for the touch I'm worried about the Keyboard, and the UI.

I would love for someone to "sell" me on one of those devices. Thanks guys.
    I'm not a good sell person, lol but slight learning curve aside I love the way they intergrated the keyboard into the Touch, however; its designed to be a one-handed device out of the box, I use a third party qwerty keyboard program to go landscape for knocking out some serious IM's so the 700wx wins in that department, but for me, the smaller size, larger screen, longer battery life, HUGE memory upgrade, no longer will you have to shut down running programs (well almost never) and sexier look was a no brainer for me, also pair it with a keychain GPS/Telenav, from a dash mount you can see and hear it just fine. I'm a phone junkie, and still like the 700wx, but just consider the Touch a serious upgrade.
    VZW needs to wake the heck up
  18. CK1
    I have the 700wx and I got email problems with it. I am not impressed with the internet response with Sprint service, but for what I use it for I think it is a good phone. Let me ask you this and only you have the right answer: what and how often are the functions you are going to use? I would settle for what you will need or grow into. Spending $$ on whistles or bells you won't use is $$ on wasted technology that could be spent elsewhere. Like the rise of a new day, technology changes.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I love my 700wx. Its the best phone I've ever used. I use pretty much all the functions on a regular basis (email, office, multimedia, etc) I am looking for something smaller w/o sacrificing power. that's why the 6800 appeals to me. it is slightly smaller and w a lot of power. I like the touch's size, but the keybd worrys me. Plus I'd have to wait to try it out on vzw.
    this may be the phone I go to
    the Sony Xperia http://www.sonyericsson.com/x1/?lc=en&cc=US
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast