Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Ok so i listen to my treo at work. have been for months now.

    Last week, the left ear bud shocked my ear twice, and fried the headphones or the jack i cant tell what one yet because i do not have another wired head set.

    It also made me deaf in my left year for almost 12h, i was worried i wouldn't get my hearing back but after about 6h it started to come back with a bad ring.

    Any one els had this happen? i did some searching but couldn't find anything. think this warrenty covered?
  2. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #2  
    YES! i thought it was only my earpiece!
    it shocked me also and went dead i threw it out and bought a replacement on ebay!
  3. #3  
    Better switch over to bluetooth.

    I've never received a shock like that with hundreds of music hours logged. Do you plug in through a cradle port or directly in to the Treo?
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    YES! i thought it was only my earpiece!
    it shocked me also and went dead i threw it out and bought a replacement on ebay!
    so wuts the cause? cuz im not going to buy an ear piece every other month. thats just dumb. im wondering if i should take my treo back to get a replacement. not to mention i almost lost my hearing in my left ear i dont want that to reoccur. that was a bunch of BS
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    Better switch over to bluetooth.

    I've never received a shock like that with hundreds of music hours logged. Do you plug in through a cradle port or directly in to the Treo?
    directly into the treo. and im not buying a $100 BT headphones to work on a dirty old farm lol
  6. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    so wuts the cause? cuz im not going to buy an ear piece every other month. thats just dumb. im wondering if i should take my treo back to get a replacement. not to mention i almost lost my hearing in my left ear i dont want that to reoccur. that was a bunch of BS
    Well it kinda happened to me after 4 months and I bought a generic headphone piece for 6 bucks after shipping and handling....
    but as you say its painful and dangerous....
    See I need mine to be able to have a microphone as well but if your only using it to listen to music... then go onto ebay and buy yourself a converter they cost like 99 cents and their tiny then it'll turn your smaller treo headphone jack into a standard size and you could just plug in a pair of normal headphones...??


    I personally love the treo and wouldn't want to switch it in...
    Last edited by DevinF; 02/04/2008 at 11:10 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    Well it kinda happened to me after 4 months and I bought a generic headphone piece for 6 bucks after shipping and handling....
    but as you say its painful and dangerous....
    See I need mine to be able to have a microphone as well but if your only using it to listen to music... then go onto ebay and buy yourself a converter they cost like 99 cents and their tiny then it'll turn your smaller treo headphone jack into a standard size and you could just plug in a pair of normal headphones...??


    I personally love the treo and wouldn't want to switch it in...
    Well i bought a new wired headset cuz i need music for work or ill go insane and the headphone jack is fried. so time to get my hand set swapped for the third time.
  8.    #8  
    Replacement is on its way here. If i have to send this one back (4th Treo) then im moving on to something els guys. maybe the Pearl

Posting Permissions