1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was curious what you guys like better? I know an older version of Sprite Backup is free but I purchased SPB backup as I like(d) it. I just got another new refurb Treo & the backup didnt work as expected.

It was a 700wx backup placed on another 700wx.

In any event, i started to think about using Sprite backup instead.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I like the free version of sprite.

I have never had a problem going from 700w to 700w with it. Just received my first replacement 700wx and i had the same problem as you. The new 700wx took the backup, but would not open the messaging app.

Oh well, 10 months, i was probably due for a backup image rebuild anyhow.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Does Sprite back up to the storage card or just a computer? I lost all my data on vacation and was able to bring back the entire phone contents right off the storage card with SPB back up. If I had to wait for a computer I would have had a blank phone for two weeks. If Sprite can do this then get the one that's free. For me SPB rules!
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I did not know Sprite had a free version - it is not on their website. However, I have a full version and like it. Sprite supports both storage card and desktop backups with the full version and just storage card w/the lite version - COMPARISON. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with either vendor.
    Looks like sprite has come a long way. I've been using SBP, but recently my phone has not been waking up after the backup. I have to take off the cover and hit the reset button. What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Looks like sprite has come a long way. I've been using SBP, but recently my phone has not been waking up after the backup. I have to take off the cover and hit the reset button. What's up with that?
    This has happened to me with Ver 6 of Sprite Backup. Never had this issue with Sprite Ver 5 (free to owner's of Sprint 700wx). Really irritating, but I have restored from the backup stored on the storage card and it has worked every single time.

The thing that I have noticed is this -

When auto backup (nightly) works correctly, the back-up size is approx 52 MB. But when it fails i.e. the next morning the today screen does not come up correctly or have trouble waking up the phone, I know that the Backup has failed. The size of the backup would be approx. 30KB. I just go back to "day - 1" backup for restoring it.