Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So was driving down the highway and my treo decided to go for a swim in my spilt coffee.

At first the phone seemed pretty bad. Letters mapping to wrong letters..."Q" pretending it was the volume control... took the battery out for an hour or so and turned it back on (had to use the phone) and the letters seemed ok.

Menu buttons seemed to be working too so figured I was home free. Woke up and none of the menu buttons work/send/end/only the down button works.

Anyone have any recommendations? Getting a new treo off-contract is pretty damn expensive!!
    Maybe you can open it up and rinse it with alcohol.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Take the battery out right now do not wait let it sit for a day or 2 and it will not be fried.
    How long ago did you buy/get your Treo? If I'm not mistaken, aren't you able to return/exchange your Treo, for a new one, within the first 30 days of having bought it? I'm trying to recollect that. I know that when I first got my Tre0 750, I made it "within a nick of time" to exchange it b/c of a tech problem that I was having that the store was not able to help me with. They were very kind & courteous & more than happy to accomodate me with the exchange since I spent good money on the phone.

At first the phone seemed pretty bad. Letters mapping to wrong letters..."Q" pretending it was the volume control... took the battery out for an hour or so and turned it back on (had to use the phone) and the letters seemed ok.

Menu buttons seemed to be working too so figured I was home free. Woke up and none of the menu buttons work/send/end/only the down button works.

Anyone have any recommendations? Getting a new treo off-contract is pretty damn expensive!![/QUOTE]
    Trish
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Incorrect quote code.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    It's ~1yr old.

How do you open the phone? Is there any doumentation on it?
    You won't be able to exchange it if it shows evidence of liquid damage. By now it is probably dry so something might have shorted and you could be out of luck.

However some say that if you put it in a zip loc bag with one of those silica gel bags that ship with electronics that say " do not eat" on them they might draw out additional moisture.

The key if something like this happens is to get the battery out immediately and not to use it again until you have dried it out thoroughly. The damage is likely already done.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yeah - I think I saved most of the damage -- but I was on my way to NYC picking some people up so I needed a phone really badly so I had to put the battery back in... after that I let it dry though and saved most o fit. Now it's just the buttons on the top area. Sigh...