1.    #1  
    This question may answer it self but ...
    Can I use a treo700wx as a modem to connect to the internet through my desktop? If yes.
    What can u tell me about the speed! Does it compare to a 512kbs DSL modem or is a little slower but conserve a constant speed?
    do I only need the sprint vision service ($15/m)? Can I download a program like a nav system in my treo?
    I use a program called PDANet and it works great with Verizon. I use Bluetooth and I according to speedtest.com I get about 350 kb/s down and 150 kb/s up.
    Just get an unlimited data plan and PDANet and connect via USB to your dektop.

If you connect via BT your connection will be slower as BT will be the chokepoint.
    I have an unlimited data plan (Sprint Power Vision) and use my phone as a modem everywhere I go. I travel quite a bit and typically get lower speeds in airports where my phone is getting 1 bar on the Sprint network. I get around 260 kb/s download and 60 kb/s upload (as I'm getting here right now in the Denver airport). When I'm getting more bars I seem to get better speed but have never measured it.

I stay in blue tooth mode on my laptop and phone all the time. Its nice to be riding in the passenger seat down the freeway from Sacramento to LA, getting work done on the web. I hate messing with cords. I've gotten to where I would rather take ground transportation when time isn't critical than fly.

I just wish there was a way that the phone (for conversation) and the phone as modem could work simultaneously. Unfortunately the phone can only handle one at a time. If I answer an incoming call I will get disconnected from the internet.

Bottom line, its not as fast as DSL or Cable, but faster than a 56K modem. It does the job, but it doesn't replace my home broadband which is much faster.
    Last edited by Dorian; 02/01/2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: adding information
    Motorcyclists understand why dogs hang their heads out of the car window.
  5.    #5  
    where can i get pdanet for pocket pc???
    A quick search on google turned up this for pdanet on pocket pc:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/
  7.    #7  
    very thanks dorian hahaha
    what can you people tell me about downloading torrents???
    i have cable @ 756, and i download from 20 to 40 kbs, why so slow??
    i don't know, but i do know they are games or dvd 1.5gb and up.
    so, throu pda internet, what could i see during this downloads?
    and thanks to all u guys, very appreciated
    Sprint Power Vision is not for downloading torrents.

Don't ruin ''it'' for the rest of us....geez
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Sprint Power Vision is not for downloading torrents.

Don't ruin ''it'' for the rest of us....geez
    why i can't download???
    and by "it'' what do u mean??????
    Quote Originally Posted by RMONTA View Post
    why i can't download???
    and by "it'' what do u mean??????
    The connection on the Treo isn't really bandwidth-worthy enough for torrent streams. And I too would recommend not ruining "it" for the rest of us. We all know (including business decision makers) that 99% of what is grabbed via torrent is done so illegally. If the cell phone data transfer becomes extremely busy with torrent streams the cell phone providor will probably be inclined to change their broadband access "per mb" rate.
  11.    #11  
    thanks a lot