Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Read my original post better. In particular the paragraph that begins with "If I disable the touchscreen...
    Use the menu button or the 5-way navigator. Speaker phone is the button on the left, mute is the button on the right. Either one will be highlighted if the 5-way is selecting it.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Use the menu button or the 5-way navigator. Speaker phone is the button on the left, mute is the button on the right. Either one will be highlighted if the 5-way is selecting it.
    My point is, I know how to do it. I'm only stating reality, it's a Pain in the **** to do. Especially when you are holding the phone up beside your face and can't see what you are doing.
    I'm also a screen locker. I have to agree that it's annoying as heck that the notification covers the mute/speakerphone buttons.

It's no big deal to select them with the 5-way, but as infrequently as I need to do it, I can never remember which one is on which side. Microsoft really should have considered the placement of either the buttons or the banner a little more.

But, as I use the BT headset about 90% of the time, it's really not too big a deal. Just a small annoyance.

Oh, the other one that gets me is if I answer my headset while my phone is in my pocket. After the call is over, the screen unlocks and either opens an app or hits a speed dial.

I've gotten in the habit of hitting Option+End when I get on a call to lock the screen AND keypad until I unlock them.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    Read my original post better. In particular the paragraph that begins with "If I disable the touchscreen...
    Hmm I still don't see a paragraph that starts that way, but it looks like you mean I misunderstood your comment "if I disable the screen" to mean if you had it dimmed rather than the touchscreen off like you apparently meant. I've never thought the Treo's great for phone calls for the same reason, at a minimum you get the old cheek smudge on the screen. I'm pretty happy with a decent BT headset as a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbtreo View Post
    The program is Simulscribe. Go to www.simulscribe.com. You have to pay for the service, though.
    Hey guys, thank you for the reference to this app! This is slicker 'n' ****. Beats visual voice mail, for sure.

If you're a low volume user, you can get it for 35 cents per voice mail. Otherwise, you can get 40 per month for $10, or unlimited for $30 per month. Well worth it to me, as I tend to miss a lot of calls because I get little to no covereage in the building where I work.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12