1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I was thinking about orderng the Seidio 1600 mah battery. How many of you use it and any comments good or bad?

Thanks much.

PS: This would be my first non-OEM battery so I am a little apprehensive.
    I had a Seidio OEM form factor expanded capacity battery on the 650 and liked it. I'm waiting for my Seidio 1600 mAH battery for the 750 as we speak...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    I'm running the 2400. The extended cover really isn't much bigger.

I considered the 1600 due to it's OEM form factor, but I just couldn't see paying the money and only having 30% more juice.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I had a Seidio OEM form factor expanded capacity battery on the 650 and liked it. I'm waiting for my Seidio 1600 mAH battery for the 750 as we speak...
    Thanks I just ordered mine.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    I'm running the 2400. The extended cover really isn't much bigger.

I considered the 1600 due to it's OEM form factor, but I just couldn't see paying the money and only having 30% more juice.
    Thanks, I figured 30% more is all I will need to get through 12-16 hours of usage and maybe be at 25% level. This way I don't have to worry about running out of battery in the middle of the day if I have a particulary heavy usage day.
    I use it and it seems to work as expected. I am in constant 3G coverage and use Good Mobile Messaging which uses a lot of data, not to mention I am on the phone a few hours a day so I still need to top of my battery once or so a day to make it through a day but better than the OEM. I am either in my car or office for a few hours every day so it is easy to hit the charger, expecially now that WM6 can charge through the standard USB connection.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I picked up a couple of the Seideo 1600's for my 750 and was pleased with the extra staying power. I can get through the day with heavy use and not have to charge. But I like to have a charged second battery around just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    I picked up a couple of the Seideo 1600's for my 750 and was pleased with the extra staying power. I can get through the day with heavy use and not have to charge. But I like to have a charged second battery around just in case.
    I just got my Treo 750 and ordered the 1600 battery...it will be here in a few days. Right now the standard 1200 is not surprisingly disappointing. I am in 3G coverage all day and keep BT on (even if I am not using it all the time). I even installed XCPU which can over/underclock and I am running it underclocked (you'd be surprised how LITTLE difference it makes). And yet I can't get more than 5 hrs on a charge with the 1200 battery, so I am not expecting the 1600 to be much better.

My question is, what do you consider "a whole day" (eg 8 hrs or 12) and are you in GPRS/EDGE or 3G territory?

M
    I just installed my 1600 mAh Seidio battery. It feels like the weight of my 650 in my hands (with the standard battery) now. I'm definitely not complaining.

As for battery usage, with the 1200 mAh OEM - I would take it off the cradle at 5:30 am. Bluetooth and 3G were on, Weather Panel updating every 2 hours, Personal AOL updating every hour, Gmail/AOL account updating once per day. Exchange Server connected between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, hotmail connected and pushing email. 1-2 phone calls throughout the day, lots of data though.

When I'd get in the car to drive home from work (4:00 pm), it's usually around 30% on battery juice. That's 10 1/2 hours... I still top it off on the way home (when I pull it off the car charger it's between 96-100%). I'm hoping that I can eliminate the step of charging in the car with the Seidio battery.

For what it's worth, my coverage at home and at home flip/flops between 3G and Edge quite often. On the drive to/from work it's consistently 3G. 5 Hours seems really, really low... How do you use yours?
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    My original 1200mah can make it about 10-12 hours max in full 3G coverage, Bluetooth on, getting push mail from my exchange server, and with some talk time on the phone as well using a BT headset.

If your coverage is fringe or low signal, your battery will deplete faster as your phone attempts to stay connected to the network.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I just installed my 1600 mAh Seidio battery. It feels like the weight of my 650 in my hands (with the standard battery) now. I'm definitely not complaining.

As for battery usage, with the 1200 mAh OEM - I would take it off the cradle at 5:30 am. Bluetooth and 3G were on, Weather Panel updating every 2 hours, Personal AOL updating every hour, Gmail/AOL account updating once per day. Exchange Server connected between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, hotmail connected and pushing email. 1-2 phone calls throughout the day, lots of data though.

When I'd get in the car to drive home from work (4:00 pm), it's usually around 30% on battery juice. That's 10 1/2 hours... I still top it off on the way home (when I pull it off the car charger it's between 96-100%). I'm hoping that I can eliminate the step of charging in the car with the Seidio battery.

For what it's worth, my coverage at home and at home flip/flops between 3G and Edge quite often. On the drive to/from work it's consistently 3G. 5 Hours seems really, really low... How do you use yours?
    My usage is less than yours in terms of data. I have push email on all day, and 1 POP email that I poll every 15 or 30 minutes (I've tried varying this without any difference). I don't do too much talking, maybe 30 mins or so in the 5 hrs. I browse a little here and there, maybe 5 or 10 pages.

I know 3G is a big drain on all phones, but my Blackjack (upgraded to WinMo 6) with the extended battery runs all day (till 8 or 9pm) with exactly the same use in its 3G mode. I know the Treo standard (1200) battery is smaller, so that accounts for some less running time, but there is a huge difference that I can't explain (especially since I have underclocked the Treo). I have another 1200 battery that should arrive next week, it was backordered when I received the Treo itself...maybe a poorly conditioned one...

M
    Quick update on my 1600 mAh Seidio battery - Same data as above, with a 3-hour tower outage (my Treo was non-stop looking for a signal), took it off the charger at 5:30 am, and it went on the charger at 10:30 pm with the battery showing 23% remaining. Doing the math (77% over 17 hours), I should be able to get 22 hours out of my battery. Probably better than that, since the tower outage isn't a regular occurrence.
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

12. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    phrogpilot73, thanks good to know. I just got my battery last night and fully charged it. Did you do a couple of full discharge/charge before it got to it's full potential?