Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I am really struggling with my 750. I've had it for two months and I still carry my 650 so I can look up phone numbers. Is there a way to get contacts from one to the other? I don't use Outlook (maybe I have to now).

    Is there a way to change from the Windows OS to Palm OS on the 750 and if so, has anyone done it?

    Thanks!
    Agent J
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentJ View Post
    I am really struggling with my 750. I've had it for two months and I still carry my 650 so I can look up phone numbers. Is there a way to get contacts from one to the other? I don't use Outlook (maybe I have to now).

    Is there a way to change from the Windows OS to Palm OS on the 750 and if so, has anyone done it?

    Thanks!
    Agent J
    You can't change the 750 from WM to Palm, no matter how much you'd like to. You can't use the Palm Desktop with the 750, no matter how much you'd like to. It's time to jump in with both feet (as I did). Here's the simple way to get your contacts from Palm to WM:

    1. Uninstall Palm Desktop
    2. Reinstall, and select the option to Sync with Outlook.
    3. Sync your 650.
    4. Double check all your contacts, calendar items, etc are in Outlook.
    5. Uninstall the software for your 650.
    6. Install the software for your 750.
    7. Sync your 750.

    Voila - all your contacts are now in your 750.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  3. yud
    yud is offline
    yud's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    1. Uninstall Palm Desktop
    2. Reinstall, and select the option to Sync with Outlook.
    3. Sync your 650.
    4. Double check all your contacts, calendar items, etc are in Outlook.
    5. Uninstall the software for your 650.
    6. Install the software for your 750.
    7. Sync your 750.

    Voila - all your contacts are now in your 750.
    there is no need to uninstall or reinstall anything. Palm Desktop and Outlook can happily live on the same machine.

    Here is another method:
    1. Locate your 650 CD and look for OutlookSwitcher.exe
    2. Run OutlookSwitcher. It will change your HotSync conduits from PD to OL
    3. Sync your 650 with OL
    4. Check that all your contacts are in OL
    5. Sync your 750 with OL

    Done. All your contacts will be in OL and your 750.

    Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

    no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
  4. lbtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #4  
    Hi. This might take a little longer than using Outlook but couldn't you just beam your contacts from your 650 to the 750?

    Just a thought.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbtreo View Post
    Hi. This might take a little longer than using Outlook but couldn't you just beam your contacts from your 650 to the 750?

    Just a thought.
    There are 2 problems with that.

    1) Windows Mobile and Palm beaming protocols are different and don't talk without third party software to enable compatibility.

    2) You have to beam them one at a time unless you have third party software that lets you do it in batch.

    MUCH easier to get them both talking to Outlook.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

    My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yud View Post
    there is no need to uninstall or reinstall anything. Palm Desktop and Outlook can happily live on the same machine.

    Here is another method:
    1. Locate your 650 CD and look for OutlookSwitcher.exe
    2. Run OutlookSwitcher. It will change your HotSync conduits from PD to OL
    3. Sync your 650 with OL
    4. Check that all your contacts are in OL
    5. Sync your 750 with OL

    Done. All your contacts will be in OL and your 750.

    Y.
    Wish I had known about OutlookSwitcher... I got rid of Palm Desktop, because I was giving my 650 to my Dad and no longer had a need for it...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  7. #7  
    my Treo 650 is getting tired and I bought an HTC Touch. I'm running on Mac OSX 10.4. All my datas are sync on Mac via Palm Desktop. so far I'm safe. Unfortunately I don't know how to download my datas (contacts, memos) on the new device.Any help will be extremely welcomed!
    Thanks
  8. #8  
    Hmm.... Only thing I can think of requires a windows machine (at least temporarily)

    Find a windows machine, load hotsync, point the conduit to outlook instead of palm desktop, load activesync and connect your HTC touch to sync with outlook.

    Once you've got them on the Touch, you can use MissingSync to sync WindowsMobile with Mac.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

    My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html

Posting Permissions