1.    #1  
    EDIT: This issue is unknown to PALM, but everyone I've talked to, even palm support has this issue (Had her test while I was calling for support).

ISSUE: ending ONLY 1 of multiple active calls.

When I am on a call and a second call comes in, I swap calls, but when I end one call, it ends all calls.

I have tried just swapping calls, but the call that should have hung up keeps ticking time away. I am forced to end all calls and then call back the person I hung up on.

I am sure every Treo 700W has this problem as we have about 60 people at my work who all have the same issue and we hate it.
    Last edited by boogaru; 01/27/2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: to make issue more clear.
    If your on Verizon go to www.palm.com and in the support/downloads section there is a fix. Click on the link and follow the instructions.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    Are you referring to the following:

700w|wx Audio Patch Updater
    While on an active call, the Treo 700w|wx may lose audio when a second call is ignored or a voicemail notification is dismissed. Update your device to help eliminate the occurrence of this scenario on your Treo 700w|wx.

If so, this does not fix my issue. This fixes issues with 2nd call going straight to voicemail. I get the second call, just cannot end it. I also have the latest version.
  4.    #4  
    I have called Palm just now. The donnot have this issue listed on emerging problems list. The tech told me to send my phone in. I told them that this happens on all phones. She then tried it on her phone, and low and behold, she lost both calls when she tried to end 1 call.

Can someone with a treo 700w test their phone? call your Treo from 2 phones and then tryto end only one of the two calls.
    I have a 700w. It still does it on mine. I had swapped calls when a call waiting came thru and the the other one was still there ticking minutes away.

I'm assuming that it is tying up 2 lines and not only that I'm getting billed /dinged for the minutes but if someone else were trying to reach me, they would not be able to get thru and therefore get voice mail.

Completely ridiculous!
    What happens if 1 of the 2 lines ends the call. Will it automatically switch to the remaining active line?
  7.    #7  
    If you swap calls and 1 persons hangs up. Your Treo will coninue to add up time for both calls. You will get billed for minutes that tick away, even if the line is dead.

I cannot believe that nobody, anywhere has even metioned this bug. I've searched everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaru View Post
    If you swap calls and 1 persons hangs up. Your Treo will coninue to add up time for both calls. You will get billed for minutes that tick away, even if the line is dead.

I cannot believe that nobody, anywhere has even metioned this bug. I've searched everywhere.
    This bug has been discussed in many threads. There is NO fix. The same thing happens on the palm os 700p treo.

The best you can do is call your provider and have them square your minutes which they can do. To me, it's not a big issue. When I'm on a conference call I tell the person that I'll have to call back after ending the first call.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    My VZW Treo 700wx has always behaved this way. I have researched it in the past. The best I can remember is that it is operating as designed. Meaning, there is no way to end only one call on a multiple call session. You just have to say good-bye, let one caller hang up (thereby ending the session himself) and continue talking with the remaining party.

I have chosen to believe (and I have no contradictory evidence to prove me wrong) that although the display on the phone shows the two calls as still counting, actually one is disconnected and you are not being billed for both. Just my opinion.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    My VZW Treo 700wx has always behaved this way. I have researched it in the past. The best I can remember is that it is operating as designed. Meaning, there is no way to end only one call on a multiple call session. You just have to say good-bye, let one caller hang up (thereby ending the session himself) and continue talking with the remaining party.

I have chosen to believe (and I have no contradictory evidence to prove me wrong) that although the display on the phone shows the two calls as still counting, actually one is disconnected and you are not being billed for both. Just my opinion.

-Frank
    You ARE being billed for both in terms of minutes. You can call your provider and it's easy for them to credit the minutes back. Personally, I think it's easier just to end both calls and call one person back.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    You ARE being billed for both in terms of minutes.
    How do you know?

From the VZW website FAQ...

"Also, our cell sites are not synchronized, so if calls are carried by different cell sites the timer discrepancies might account for what looks like two calls at the same time."

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 01/31/2008 at 10:10 AM.
  12.    #12  
    Yes, this is true. I just got my bill from last month and noticed that I have been billed for over 140 minutes of these supposedly ended calls.