Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those who do not have rebate are you willing to pony up $600 for the unit then accessories (miniSD, car charger, etc.)?

If your current device is doing all that you ask it to do is it worth ditching?

Sure selling your current device may knock a few hundred off the price a little.

Just curious because right now I do not have memory issues, I don't use wifi (even when I had the Mogul), don't need the biggest screen (again, had the Mogul and still went back to the Treo), I have GPS/Navigation in both cars and I'm averaging 900+kb at my house with EVDO.

Normally I would dive into a new device but after the Mogul and Touch and being disappointed I moved back to the 700wx.

So who is moving up?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    i'm pretty sure i will be.
    My Sprint contract ends early April 2008. I have purchased my last three phones on eBay and transfered my ESN.

I will see what kind of deal I can get from Sprint or buy on eBay.

But yes, I will be getting one ASAP, and I love the functionality of my 700WX.
    In my case, i'll wait and see how it develops before considering any jump.
    I could do with a slimmer device i'd say.
    If initial reviews are great, then between selling my 700Wx and Moto Q9c plus some *inside discounts*...cough...cough..it really wouldn't really cost me too much at all.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I will be a lab rat. I will keep my WX just in case though.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    $600 is alot of money. But I think when a product is new its like that. I wonder what the price will be 6 months after the release.

I can sell my Mogul on fleabay for around $250 now and I can use that toward the 800w.
    I'll be first in line if it has usable GPS.

-I don't care about Wi-Fi.

-The extra RAM would come in handy, but isn't worth the $600 by itself. The extra ROM is a big deal since WM seems to hate apps stored on the card.

-The 320x320 screen is fabulous because it will make game emulators look better, will allow me to run Palm OS apps in hi-res mode, and will make browsing with Opera Mini a little easier.

-I don't think I will notice a significant speed increase with EVDO Rev A.

-The smaller form factor is really appealing. My wife got a Centro and I finally realized that a smaller form factor can be implemented without sacrificing usability. The 650 and 700p were incrementally larger than the 600 (at least they felt that way). The 800w will be a welcome return to the trend of smaller phones. I will be glad to see the antenna go.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Pros:
    -GPS (assuming it's unlocked/uncrippled) would be huge
    -A fast CPU is always appreciated, especially after suffering through the dog that is the 700p
    -Extra RAM is always a good thing
    -EVDO Rev. A will probably not make a huge amount of difference but it's still better to have it to future-proof the device a bit more
    -A guaranteed WM 6.1 update from M$ will be a welcome change from Palm's utter lack of concern for Palm OS Garnet.

Potential cons:
    -I won't use wi-fi much if at all.
    -I'm worried about potential weak battery life. Hopefully Seidio will come to the rescue again!
    -I'm not a fan of WinMob but I feel that if I don't end up with a heavily discounted 755p that the 800w will be the best interim device for the next year or so.

I'm actually thinking the new 800w FF looks pretty solid, if the classic Treo FF is your thing. I'd still prefer a Palm-branded 320x480 (or better) device but for 320x320, the 800w looks to be a solid contender if it comes out before May.
    320x320 is the selling point for me.
  10.    #10  
    320X320 is worth $600?

Not trying to dis the 800. We all know it will be great considering the feature line up. I plan on owning one but not out of the gate like I normally would.

I dove on the Mogul only to ditch it later for a loss. Was going to do it again for the Touch until I played with one at a store. Couldn't stand the keyboard.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I'll let you guys try it out and report..i.e. do my dirty work, then decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    $600 is alot of money. But I think when a product is new its like that. I wonder what the price will be 6 months after the release.

I can sell my Mogul on fleabay for around $250 now and I can use that toward the 800w.
    chong67, AWESOME frickin avatar, man.
    What would be the minimum features they could include that would still make you switch?

I have been seriously thinking of switching to AT&T for the 750 simply because of WM6 and lack of antenna. My $15 unlimited data plan has kept me with Sprint.

Would you switch if it just had WM6 and no Antenna?

How about wifi, WM6 and more memory, same 650-type shell?

They could theoretically install all of the features we have been hoping for into a 750 form factor, no?

Would you still buy?
    I will wait and see what the general consensus is before I upgrade from my 700wx. I like the 700wx but a higher screen res and WiFi would be great. I'd probably not use the WiFi that much, but I'm sure I'd love it when I do. That said, I guess a lot depends on the new EVDO Rev A speed.

My contract with Sprint is not up until later in 2008, but I can always try and get a deal with Sprint by agreeing to extend my contract. I did that with the 700wx and got a couple of hundred knocked off the phone. That said, if Sprint are not willing to deal then I'll wait.
    Not me, I've moved to the Sprint Touch; but I will take a free one!!
  16.    #16  
    That's another thing. How many of us remove the 700wx from our belts by the antenna? If my phone didn't have an antenna I would miss a bunch of calls because it would take much longer to remove it from my holster.

Also I am a contractor and do a lot of things with my hands. Sometimes I won't even answer my phone because I may have paint, caulk, putty, etc. on my hands. If I had the 800wx I would never even touch it at work. Anyone else have this type of issue to?

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    That's another thing. How many of us remove the 700wx from our belts by the antenna? If my phone didn't have an antenna I would miss a bunch of calls because it would take much longer to remove it from my holster.

Also I am a contractor and do a lot of things with my hands. Sometimes I won't even answer my phone because I may have paint, caulk, putty, etc. on my hands. If I had the 800wx I would never even touch it at work. Anyone else have this type of issue to?
    Bluetooth headset?
    Verizon 700W(it sucks)
    Me still thinking between this and HTC Touch Cruise!!!
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    I've kinda been outta touch with the newer devices for a while and didn't know anything about the Touch. Just did some research on it and it looks AWESOME!!! I think that might be the way to go with a new device. Only thing I will have to get use to is the lack of "physical" keys and learn to live with the touchscreen keyboard but from what I've read, it works even better than the iPhone's keyboard. Nice
    I will be inline for one as I live in central WI, with no sign of EVDO in the future. But there are WIFI access points everywhere now. also I would gladly give up the headphone jack for a data jack that is reliable.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast